Job Responsibilities : Surveillance Investigator
Salary : $40,924 – $59,124 a year
Company : City of Houston, TX
Location : 9250 Kirby Dr, Houston, TX 77054 US
Division: COVID-19 Response
Section: Contact Tracing
Work Location: 9250 Kirby Dr.
Workdays & Hours: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m.- 5:00 p.m.*
- Subject to change
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Performs surveillance related to disease outbreak and/or bio-terrorism activities within the Bureau of Epidemiology. Provides reports to Epidemiologist Supervisor or Epidemiologist regarding progress of activities in our local COVID-19 response related to outbreak response jails and long term care facilities.
- Conducts surveillance related to disease outbreaks and/or bio-terrorism activities and interviews patients and/or medical facilities.
- Secures medical records and information related to disease outbreaks and/or bio-terrorism activities.
- Performs field investigation activities related to disease outbreaks and/or suspected bio-terrorism activity as instructed by Epidemiologists and/or Epidemiologist Supervisor and is available twenty-four hours a day seven days a week to respond to suspected outbreaks.
- Collects and analyzes data and prepares reports on investigative activities and findings to be reviewed by Epidemiologists and/or Epidemiologist Supervisor.
- Acts as liaison to medical facilities and other governmental agencies involved in surveillance activities and projects. Establishes rapport with staff at these agencies. Identifies concerns and reports them to the Staff Epidemiologists and/or Epidemiologist Supervisor.
- Assists Epidemiologists in developing preventive measures and intervention in controlling disease outbreaks and/or bio-terrorism activities.
Performs other duties as assigned by Managers Epidemiologists and/or Epidemiologist Supervisor
The position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking standing etc.
Requires a Bachelor’s degree in Public Health Physical Sciences Social Sciences or a related field.
One (1) year of professional experience in public health or health care is required. Internships practicums and similar programs may be evaluated and substituted for professional experience.
A valid driver license and compliance with the City of Houston’s policy on driving (AP 2-2).
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
Experience with MAVEN-HEDSS
Experience with working outbreaks Long Term Care Facilities and Jail cases
The selection process will involve application review and/or interview.
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION No
This position may subject to random drug testing and if a promotional position candidate must pass an assignment drug test.
Pay Grade 17
***This position is temporary and contingent on program needs and funding.***
Grant positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: www.houstontx.gov.
To view your detailed application status please log-in to your online profile by visiting: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/houston/default.cfm or call 832-393-0465.
If you need special services or accommodations call (832-393-0465). (TTY 7-1-1)
If you need login assistance or technical support call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received the Hiring Department will contact you directly should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.