Job Responsibilities : Account Technician
Salary : 19 per hour
Company : Manulife
Location : Remote CA
Are you looking for a supportive collaborative workplace with great teams and inspiring leaders? You’ve come to the right place. We’re looking for ambitious people who share our values and want to make every day better for people around the world. If this sounds like you and the career below sounds exciting we’d like to hear from you.
- Responsible for reviewing and validating the accuracy of PYERs (Policy Year End Reports) which show the experience under group insurance policies written by Network Partners
- Prepares proposals including analysis of quotations submitted by Associate Insurers review of plan specifications and preparation of benefit and cost summaries and Second Stage Accounting Exhibits with appropriate explanatory notes
- Prepares IGP ( International Group Program) Second Stage Accounting Exhibits to accompany IGP proposals in accordance with the expenses and risk formulas in the IGP Operating Guide using computerized programs which may require modification to fit non-standard conditions or editing for special case situations
- Communicates orally or in writing with clients brokers Associate Insurers and department members to clarify and resolve questions concerns or requests regarding client cases and extension sales
- Uses computer programs Policy Year End Reports used in the preparation of client International Experience year-end reports
- Conducts research as required by clients brokers or department members with respect to Social Security systems labor codes and private employee benefit practices in more than 50 countries around the world
- Prepares Business Updates for client cases including preparation of Second Stage Accounting and detail of special arrangements involving the case to record and lapse business on the Hancock’s books
- Addresses any concerns regarding the experience reports with the Associate Insurers. Prepares a cover letter reflecting experience and key issues for the client
- Responsible for more SGP client reporting due to it less complex nature
- Responsible for the accurate and timely processing of the BUs (Business Updates) and Captive Reporting when appropriate.
- Assists team members in generating proposals by forwarding confidential employee census data and plan specifications secured from clients or brokers to the appropriate IGP Associate Insurer
- Assists on special assignments for key IGP accounts including multi-country pooling exercises. Collects data compiles reports communicates with Associate Insurers etc.
- Assists in logistical arrangements and special projects (e.g. preparation of statistical slides coordination with graphics company responsible for material presented
- 2+ years of experience working with administrative systems.
- Experience in the international employee benefit field is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- A basic knowledge of group insurance and pensions is essential
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel with Access as a plus
- Front end knowledge of ECHO application a plus.
- Good oral written communication skills organizational and analytical skills
- Responsiveness and problem-solving abilities are necessary to build and maintain good policyholder relations in the administration of assigned cases
- Strong computer skills including Word Excel and PowerPoint
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER – AA/F/M/D/V
Every career at Manulife/John Hancock provides the opportunity to learn new skills and move your career forward. Ready to make an impact somewhere? What are you waiting for? Apply today.
About John Hancock and Manulife
John Hancock is a unit of Manulife Financial Corporation a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife globally including Canada Asia and Europe. We provide financial advice insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were CAD$1.3 trillion (US$1.1 trillion) as of June 30 2021. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX NYSE and PSE and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com .
One of the largest life insurers in the United States John Hancock supports more than 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products including life insurance annuities investments 401(k) plans and education savings plans . Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com .
Manulife is an Equal Opportunity Employer
At Manulife /John Hancock we embrace our diversity. We strive to attract develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment retention advancement and compensation and we administer all of our practices and programs without discrimination on the basis of race ancestry place of origin colour ethnic origin citizenship religion or religious beliefs creed sex (including pregnancy and pregnancy-related conditions) sexual orientation genetic characteristics veteran status gender identity gender expression age marital status family status disability or any other ground protected by applicable law.
It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will work with applicants who request a reasonable accommodation during the application process . All information shared during the accommodation request process will be stored and used in a manner that is consistent with applicable laws and Manulife/John Hancock policies . To request a reasonable accommodation in the application process contact email@example.com .