Job Responsibilities : Part-time International Student Advisor Support Clerk
Salary : $24.84–$27.62 an hour
Company : Conestoga College
Location : Remote CA
Support Staff Regular Part-time Position (Part-time Support Staff will be given first consideration)
This position reporting to the Manager International Support Services provides critical support to the International Student Advisors (ISAs) within a very busy fast-paced environment. The incumbent is responsible for a variety of tasks including responding to or triaging emails following up on student study permits and entering data in student files sending time sensitive reminders to students regarding study permit renewals creating reports and working with college databases assisting with webinars/workshops and providing other support to the ISA team on an as needed basis. Position will enhance and improve current service delivery to students as well as provide necessary and ongoing support to the ISAs.
Although many of our employees are currently working remotely this position is governed by the applicable legislation of the Province of Ontario. Successful candidates will be required to conduct work within Ontario and must be available to work on campus one day per week.
The International Student Advisor Support Clerk will work up to 24 hours per week with shifts scheduled Monday-Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m. and Friday 8:30 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.
- Receiving and responding to email telephone and in-person inquiries as received by the International Student Advisors (ISA) team
- Prioritizing assistance requests that are time-sensitive and referring to the proper ISA or other staff/departments
- Entering data and information for students unable to upload required documentation that relates to student study permits work permits and other student information updates.
- Responsible for Student Study Permit Expiry Reminder campaign which includes:
- Creating bi-monthly SIS (Student Information System) reports of students to send information to (based on study permit expiry data)
- Sending time sensitive reminder emails to students requesting they provide updates as required
- Tracking responses/statuses and updating SIS with new information as received
- Following up with non-responsive students
- Running various reports and data requests to support ISAs as needed
- Assisting ISAs with webinars workshops and other ISA events and activities
- One-year Certificate in Office Administration Business IT or a related Business discipline required
- 1.5 years of related practical experience required
- Experience working with a large database system
- Attention to detail and high level of accuracy competencies as well as respecting confidentialities
- Proficiency in/experience with business computer applications including MS Word Excel and other databases plus internet researching skills
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure and in demanding situations
- Related practical experience working with newcomers to Canada and new Canadians an asset
- Effective time management skills
- Excellent judgement and interpersonal communication skills to work with diverse student populations
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Highly developed problem-solving skills client service skills and ability to respond with tact diplomacy discretion and professionalism
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Demonstrate patience and appreciation for cultural differences when dealing with international students
- Ability to respect confidentialities of proprietory information including students’ personal information