Job Responsibilities : 311 Call Centre Representative (Bilingual – English/French) EX22-795
Salary : $25.66–$30.03 an hour
Company : City of Greater Sudbury
Location : Remote CA
Posting date: June 28 2022
Job Title: 311 Call Centre Representative (Bilingual – English/French)
Number of Vacancies: 1
Posting number: EX22-795
Status: Limited position
Estimated Probable Duration: Up to Seven (7) Months
Hours of Work: 80 hours bi-weekly
Shift Work Required: Yes (varies between 7:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.)
Range of Pay: $25.66 to $30.03 per hour
Start date: To follow selection process
Initial Reporting Location: Tom Davies Square
Eligible to Work from Home: Yes (full time)
Section: Customer Service and 311
Division: Communications and Community Engagement
Department: Office of the Chief Administrative Officer**
Duties: Under the general supervision of the Manager of Customer Service and 311.
1. Answer and process incoming telephone calls in a professional and courteous manner maintaining customer satisfaction; determine nature of call; provide information; determine service needed; ask probing questions and use multiple computer applications; transfer to applicable department or staff if required.
2. Enter information regarding service requests into Customer Relationship Management Software; forward request to appropriate staff. Record customer service requests/complaints in accordance with established protocols.
3. Assess the urgency of requests/inquiries escalate issues to other departments and dispatch calls on two-way radio when required.
4. Liaise with external agencies for urgent issues outside of municipal control (e.g. Traffic light outage provincial highway
issues wires down).
5. Monitor the two-way radio respond to inquiries and follow-up on issues currently in progress with operating departments.
6. Provide information regarding CGS programs services and hours of operation. Search various computer software data bases/programs for required information (e.g. 311 Knowledgebase CRM system Internet CGS Website CGS Intranet).
7. Liaise with staff in other divisions in order to gather information and to develop service options for customers.
8. Respond to citizens’ inquiries or concerns and make every effort to resolve without having to transfer or escalate the call.
9. Re-direct callers to outside agencies.
10. Keep abreast of CGS activities discussed in media (e.g. Public Service Announcements).
11. Collect information for and prepare statistical reports.
12. Record all main line telephone messages as required (e.g. holiday messages after-hour messages etc.).
13. Maintain the 311 Knowledgebase ensuring information is accurate and current.
14. Receive and process leisure program registrations.
15. Respond to inquiries received by the 311 Call Centre through electronic mail.
16. Assist in the maintenance of accurate telephone listings both internal and external.
17. Provide out-of-city telephone numbers as required.
18. Operate a telecommunications device to assist hearing impaired calls seeking information or requesting City services.
19. Acquaint new employees with job functions as required.
20. Relieve Citizen Service Centre Representative (Tom Davies Square) as required.
21. Develop and maintain a thorough working knowledge of CGS’s Safety Manual and the applicable Provincial Legislation listed therein.
22. Perform other related duties as required.
- Successful completion of Secondary School (Grade XII) Education.
- One (1) to two and one-half (2½) years of related experience in a dedicated customer relations role (e.g. call centre guest services)
- Call centre experience is an asset.
- Excellent conflict resolution skills to de-escalate conversations.
- Knowledge of municipal services and departments.
- Knowledge of call centre operations.
- Knowledge of computer software and administrative systems in a Windows and Internet based environment (e.g. file maintenance word processing computerized spreadsheet applications customer relationship management software information input and retrieval).
- Knowledge of complaint handling software an asset.
- Ability to demonstrate interpersonal skills in dealing with the people in a courteous and effective manner.
- Ability to demonstrate accurate keyboarding skills interactive computer capability quick navigation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve with minimal direction.
- Excellent use of English; verbally and in writing.
- Excellent French verbal skills and working knowledge of written French is required.
- Satisfactory health attendance and employment history.
How to Apply:
Résumés quoting EX22-795 are invited and will be received by the City of Greater Sudbury’s Human Resources and Organizational Development Division by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax at 705-688-3979 for the above noted position until 4:30 p.m. on Thursday July 7 2022. Any application received after this deadline will not be considered.
For further instructions on how to apply to this position please visit our How to Apply section.
All City of Greater Sudbury employees are required to be fully vaccinated as a condition of hire in accordance with the City’s mandatory Vaccination Policy. Please do not submit your proof of vaccination with your resume. This information will only be required if you are selected as the candidate of choice.
For more information regarding working from home please refer to the Work From Home Program* section.*
All applicants are thanked for their interest in this position. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. If contacted and you require a disability related accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process you must advise the Hiring Manager.
The City of Greater Sudbury has launched a survey to understand what prospective employees are looking for from an employer. Please take a few minutes to provide us with your input. Your responses will be anonymous. Thank you in advance for your participation in the survey!
The City of Greater Sudbury is dedicated to maintaining a fair and equitable work environment and are happy to hire qualified (including education credential) applicants from anywhere. In order to hire a candidate one must be legally entitled to work in Canada with legally entitled being defined as having all of the necessary paperwork processed approved and responded to by way of a work permit being issued and received. Personal information submitted will be used for the purpose of determining suitability for this competition only in accordance with The Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.66-$30.03 per hour