Job Responsibilities : Business Analyst I
Salary : 80000 per Year
Company : Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company
Location : Fort Wayne, IN US
FLSA Status: Exempt
Job Family: Information Technology
Department: IT – Experience Design
Location: Fort Wayne IN
Participate in business analysis and research efforts for corporate projects in order to gain a preliminary
understanding and help provide appropriate documentation to support the fulfillment of assigned
POSITION ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Act as liaison between the business stakeholders development teams and support teams to resolve
functional and technical issues and to review opportunities to create new functionality which supports
the company initiatives.
- Perform business analysis activities in the collection validation and documentation of business
requirements for assigned projects.
- Facilitate discussions between business users and Information Technology using appropriate analysis
tools such as wireframes and flow diagrams to ensure that business functionality requirements are
- Translate technical information for the business.
- Translate business information for the development team.
- Create and maintain supporting documentation throughout the life cycle of assigned projects.
- Assist with the creation and execution of test cases.
- Assist in managing assigned project(s) to completion and project launch.
- Assist in maintaining overall system knowledge using available documentation as a guide in designing
application flow and development requirements.
- Become familiar with User-Centered Design concepts and how they bring user perspective to the
forefront in application development.
- Work to maintain consistency within the overall architecture and flow of corporate applications and
- Complete other projects as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skills and/or abilities required to perform
each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Aptitude for either business analysis process design interaction design or related user-centered design
- Knowledge of analysis methodologies tools and processes.
- Understanding of Agile methodologies.
- Strong oral and written communication skills are essential.
- Demonstrated ability to carry out business analysis activities is desired.
- Understanding of core application development and database design concepts is desired.
- Effectively interface with external contacts Brotherhood employees managers and department staff
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Associate’s degree in Information Technology Business or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology Business or equivalent degree is desired.
- One or more years working in Information Technology business analysis or related field is required.
- Certifications within the business analysis community are desired.
- Exposure to and understanding of insurance industry is desired.
Terms and Conditions
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance
of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties responsibilities or
Because the company’s niche is the church and related ministries market and because effective
service requires a thorough understanding of this market persons in this position must be familiar
with church operations and must conduct themselves in a manner that will neither alienate nor offend
persons within this target niche.
Brotherhood Mutual Insurance Company reserves the right to modify interpret or apply this position
description in any way the company desires. This job description in no way implies that these are the
only duties including essential duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. This
position description is not an employment contract implied or otherwise. The employment
relationship remains “at-will”.
Job Type: Full-time