Job Responsibilities : Bookkeeper
Salary : 40000 Per Year
Company : InSync
Location : Remote CA
Our company is looking for a part-time experienced Bookkeeper to assist in managing our bookkeeping and payroll requirements. Confidentiality timeliness excellent organizational skills and accuracy are important qualifications for this position as well as good customer relations and the ability to communicate clearly. The ideal candidate for this position is a skilled multi-tasker is reliable and is committed to consistently meeting deadlines. The candidate will support our current bookkeeper/accountant and share in the duties below.
- Regularly check accounting email
- Balance and maintain accurate ledgers
- Pay vendor invoices and track bank account balances
- Prepare weekly bi-weekly and monthly sales invoices
- Process payment applications from clients
- Monitor contractor time reporting for timeliness and accuracy
- Prepare payroll for internal bank payroll and/or for external payroll company
- Onboarding and offboarding consultants and employees including set up in QBO and ROE through QBO and CRA.
- Process GST and Payroll taxes through the Bank and CRA.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations
- Prepare occasional various accounting-related reports
- Prepare books for corporate accountant’s review and annual tax return
- WCB processing
- Provide clerical and administrative support to management as requested
- Administrative support related to accounting including electronic filing document preparation & handling and communication with staff and clients
- Develop monthly financial statements including cash flow profit and loss statements and balance sheets
- Experience using QBO specifically entering bills / expenses creating invoices to customers processing payroll & tax remittances as well as setting up customers vendors products/services and employees
- Proficient in all MS tools especially excel
- Minimum of five years’ experience working in accounts payable and receivable GST Filing WCB reporting general ledger payroll and payroll reports
- Strong knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Extensive experience with data entry record keeping and computer operation
- Experience in services related to payroll such as writing checks and submitting payroll taxes
- Strong understanding of business and income tax worksheets and computations
- Intermediate Excel including creating & editing spreadsheets
- Familiarity with tax filing requirements for GST & payroll remittances
- Experience working with preparing & submitting ROE’s
- Experience with filing T4’s and T4A’s
- Experience with Year-end working paper preparation
Education Experience and Licensing Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting finance or related field
- CPA is a plus
- Previous bookkeeping experience
This role averages 20 to 50 hours a month and has the opportunity for additional hours as the company grows. As all work is online this is a work-from-home or remotely located opportunity. Preference for high-availability and flexibility throughout the month is desired.
A company computer and necessary supplies are provided.
InSync Systems is a reputable boutique Canadian IT resourcing and consulting services company that is a little different from any other. Working closely with select clients we offer the best-of-breed IT solutions and services by bringing together the right people technology and service for each initiative. Our flexible business model and high standards allows us to provide some of the most cost-effective solutions in the industry to our valued client base. InSync is experiencing rapid growth due primarily to increased positioning with our select client base.
While our head office is in Calgary we welcome applicants from anywhere in Western Canada who have the self-discipline to work independently remotely fueled by their desire to succeed!
Come join our team where you will be given the opportunity to strut your stuff!