Job Responsibilities : Lab Technician (Core)
Salary : $25 Per Hour
Company : Rapid Novor, Inc.
Location : Kitchener, ON CA
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN – Core Lab
Location: Kitchener ON Canada
We are looking for an entry-level Laboratory Technician to join our team to help support our anti-body sequencing services. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to work in a growing state-of-the-art protein analytical laboratory with high-growth potential.
Specializing in the field of mass spectrometry-based proteomics the Rapid Novor team provides antibody protein sequencing solutions to researchers in pharmaceutical companies contract research organizations and academic research institutions around the globe. We efficiently deliver accurate comprehensive results allowing researchers to rapidly make decisions that move their science forward. We have tremendous growth potential and we are looking for the right person to help our dedicated team take the company to the next level.
As a Laboratory Technician you will perform a variety of lab tasks to help prepare clients samples for analysis working with a growing team of technicians to balance priorities and ensure the highest quality of results for our clients and researchers.
· Follow standard operating procedures for sample preparation for routine LC-MS/MS analysis
· Support the operation and maintenance of advanced state-of-the-art nanoflow liquid chromatography and mass spectrometry (LC-MS) instrumentation
· Assist scientists in method development and process optimization
· Work both independently and collaboratively with other R&D members in a multi-disciplinary team setting
· Maintain good laboratory records
· Other duties may be assigned
· Post-Secondary program completion (degree or diploma) in a related field: biology biochemistry biotechnology molecular biology.
· Familiarity with computer data systems.
· Willingness to perform routine tasks while focusing on reproducibility and accuracy.
· Meticulous attention to detail.
· Practical and theoretical knowledge of common lab equipment (pipette pH meter centrifuge balance etc.) as well as common lab techniques.
· Ability to work as a team and to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment.
· Strong interpersonal skills and excellent oral and written communication skills.
· Impactful and lasting innovation – We value innovation with a purpose. We like to feel that we are contributing to positive change in the world.
· Commitment to reliability – We are happy to work hard if it means we can deliver quality and we will do so every single time. Each of us takes accountability; there are no excuses and blame does not exist here.
· Dedication to expertise – We value the ability to focus deeply even in the face of uncertainty and persevere until we make progress. We value the pursuit of excellence and development of profound knowledge and skills.
· Collective achievement and mutual respect – We win as a team so we teach each other help others and share ideas. We value diverse knowledge disciplines perspectives opinions and working styles – diversity with solidarity unifies achievement. We value respectfulness and honour each other’s humanity time dedication and commitments
Do you possess these qualities? If so we want to hear from you!
Apply at: https://rapidnovor.humi.ca/job-board
We thank everyone for their interest however only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Rapid Novor Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race colour religion religious creed gender sexual orientation gender identity/ expression transgender family/marital status national origin ancestry citizenship status age disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal provincial or local law.
We acknowledge and are mindful that our Kitchener Ontario operations are located on the traditional lands of the Haudenosaunee of the Six Nations of the Grand River and are within the territory of the Neutral Anishinaabe and Haudenosaunee peoples. We acknowledge the enduring presence knowledge and philosophies of Indigenous Peoples living here today and the continuing accomplishments and contributions Indigenous Peoples make in shaping the Waterloo Region.
Rapid Novor strives to create an accessible and inclusive application and selection process and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to job applicants who may need it. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment process please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Job Type: Full-time