Job Responsibilities : Billing Specialist
Salary : $18 per hour
Company : Transcarent
Location : Remote US
Who we are
Healthcare is more confusing more costly and more complex than ever. Transcarent is a health and care experience company on a mission to empower Members to stay healthy by providing them with unbiased information trusted guidance and easy access to high value care where and when they need it.
You will be part of a world-class team supported by top tier investors like 7wireVentures and General Catalyst and founded by a mission-driven team committed to transforming the health and care experience for all. We closed on our Series C funding in January 2022 raising our total funding to $298 million and enabling us to respond to the demand for rapid expansion of our offering.
Transcarent is committed to growing and empowering a diverse and inclusive community within our company. We believe that a team with diverse lived experiences working together will strengthen our organization and our ability to deliver not just better but different experiences for our members.
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don’t apply unless they meet 100% of the job criteria. While we have worked to consolidate the minimum qualifications for each role we aren’t looking for someone who checks each box on a page; we’re looking for active learners and people who care about disrupting the current health and care with their unique experiences.
Please apply – we’d love to connect and see if this role or others are right for you!
What we look for in our teammates
We are looking for teammates to join us in building our company culture and Member experience who:
- Put people first and make decisions with the Member’s best interests in mind
- Are active learners constantly looking to improve and grow
- Are driven by our mission to measurably improve health and care each day
- Bring the energy needed to transform health and care and move and adapt rapidly
- Are laser focused on delivering results for Members and proactively problem solving to get there
What we look for in this role
Our Billing Team is growing and seeking an energetic self-starter who shares our passion for providing excellent customer service. Billing Specialists are responsible for delivering quality billing services to our clients providers and Members with a strong focus on timeliness accuracy and efficiency. The ideal candidate has outstanding organizational skills and excels in a deliverable-focused fast-paced environment.
What you’ll do for our team
- Own end-to-end billing process for our SurgeryCare product; from initial invoicing through claims collection/review and reconciliation. Independently manage case workload and complete deliverables timely accurately and in an organized fashion.
- Serve as primary billing contact for an assigned group of clients and create an excellent client experience by addressing escalating and resolving billing and payment issues in a timely and appropriate manner.
- Post invoices payments and other transactions to General Ledger (NetSuite) and assist Corporate Accounting Team as needed.
- Be a resource to Billing Team Management by finding and implementing solutions to benefit team improve processes and create efficiencies.
- Collaborate and problem-solve with other internal teams such as Care Coordination Provider Relations and Client Success.
What we’re looking for
- Associate’s Degree (or higher)
- 1+ year(s) of customer service experience
- Computer skills required including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications
- Comfortable working independently and as part of a team with minimal direct supervision
- Highly organized and detail-oriented; follows processes and procedures but conscientious about continuously improving and creating more efficient and effective methods
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; willingness to speak up ask questions or request clarity when something is unclear
- Ability to shift focus when priorities change without losing sight of original tasks and deadlines
- Experience working and collaborating in a remote environment mindful of information privacy (HIPAA)
- Available and flexible to work additional hours as business needs require
What you can bring to our team
- Medical Coding Certification
- Healthcare industry medical billing or revenue cycle experience
- Familiarity with Salesforce Jira and/or NetSuite.
- Knowledge of claims and coding types such as UB-04 CMS-1500 HCPCS ICD-9 and ICD-10
- Experience with accounting operations – Accounts Receivable Accounts Payable etc.
You must be authorized to work in the United States. Although we are fully remote at this time we would like to hire this person in a geographic area/time zone near other teammates (Bay Area-CA Denver-CO Chicago-IL).
Transcarent is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. If you are a person with a disability and require assistance during the application process please don’t hesitate to reach out!