Job Responsibilities : Billing Customer Service Representative – National Remote
Salary : $16.00 – $26.88 an hour
Company : (part of UnitedHealth Group)
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Combine two of the fastest – growing fields with a culture of performance collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here innovation isn’t about another gadget it’s about making Healthcare data available wherever and whenever people need it safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work. SM
As a Billing Customer Service Representative you’ll provide our patients with the information they need to make better decisions about their health helping them get access to the right care the first time. Every day you’ll provide compassionate and empathetic support to 50 to 70 callers providing guidance support and resolution for escalated issues. This is no small opportunity. This is where you can bring your compassion for others while building your career.
This role is equally challenging and rewarding. You’ll be on the phone for long periods of time and encounter all types of communication styles and personalities as you help resolve conflicts or issues. You’ll deal with stressful situations and resolve complex health care concerns in a positive simplified manner so that callers fully understand their health care bills.
You’ll have easy access to the support of your colleagues and supervisor for real-time collaboration and troubleshooting via various technical solutions.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday – Friday. Hours will be 8:30am to 5:00pm CST Monday – Friday. It may be necessary given the business need to work occasional overtime. This is a remote position and training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Answer a high volume of calls from patients or their representative regarding patient bill balances payment plans credit card payments patient pricing re – billing insurance companies and general customer concerns
- Process adjustments refunds transfer bills mail returns and perform manual sales
- Evaluate and respond to all aspects of written billing inquiries including but not limited to: billing insurances and updating invoices
- Research troubleshoot and resolve complex billing issues and customer complaints taking all steps to resolve and ensure full resolution
- Maintain tracking log of all escalated patient correspondence providing status updates to leadership as needed
- Ability to perform all aspects of billing customer service as needed
- May be a certified Medical Coder and / or involved in medical coding
- Thorough navigation of both Quest Billing System and the web
- Maintain all Compliance and HIPAA regulations at all times
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 2+ years of customer service experience OR experience in a medical office health care call-center or office setting analyzing and solving customer problems
- 1+ years of experience working in a fast-paced environment with the ability to easily adjust to new priorities and new processes
- 1+ years of experience performing multiple concurrent tasks with strong attention to detail
- Familiarity with computer and Windows PC applications which includes the ability to navigate and learn new and complex computer system applications
- Fluent in basic typing skills and use of ten key
- Ability to work from 8:30am – 5:00pm CST Monday – Friday
- Prior call center experience in the healthcare industry
- Knowledge of billing/finance and eligibility processes practices and concepts
- Fluent in and able to read write and speak Spanish with experience translating complex medical terminology
- Proficiency in translating health care-related jargon and complex processes into simple step-by-step instructions customers can understand and act upon
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
- Demonstrated ability to listen skillfully collect relevant information build rapport and respond to customers in a compassionate manner
- Proficient conflict management skills including the ability to resolve stressful situations
- Exceptional communication skills
- Empathetic customer service skills
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity Compassion Relationships Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career or are an experienced veteran or spouse we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at https://uhg.hr/transitioning-military
Learn how Teresa a Senior Quality Analyst works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. https://uhg.hr/vet
Helping create positive customer experiences for our members can drive your sense of impact and purpose. Join us as we improve the lives of millions. Learn more about how you can start doing your life’s best work. SM
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health-related information or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work. SM
Colorado Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $16.00 – $26.88. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $16.83 – $29.66. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education work experience certifications etc. In addition to your salary UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as a comprehensive benefits package incentive and recognition programs equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion sex age national origin protected veteran status disability status sexual orientation gender identity or expression marital status genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.