Job Responsibilities : Bilingual Member Services Representative
Salary : $18 an hour
Company : Vision Benefits of America – Pittsburgh, PA•Remote
Location : Remote US
Are you looking for a dynamic position in a growing organization? Are you a people-person who thrives on cultivating new relationships over the phone and helping others? Do you want a fast-paced team environment with room for growth? If so VBA is looking for you.
As a full-time Member Service Representative you are a vital resource to our customers — troubleshooting complex member questions responding to member concerns and educating members on their benefit plan while catering to our growing Spanish network. For success in this position you must be bilingual in Spanish have the ability to multi-task be dependable and possess top-notch communication. Additional opportunities are available as we expand our network depending on your positive contributions and ability to adapt to change.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Serve as the first point of contact for member issue escalation and resolutions
- Respond to member requests via phone email and fax
- Explain the member’s customized benefit plan as authorized by each individual group
- Act as a liaison for member issues including benefit eligibility claims questions and customer satisfaction
- Provide education and orientation of our website to members
- Work with Manager of Member Services to ensure proper customer service is being delivered
- Performs other duties of a clerical nature as assigned or required
*The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of this position.
- WORK EXPERIENCE: at least one (1) year of full-time customer service experience; experience in a call center environment is preferred
- Bilingual (English and Spanish) is required; must be able to read write and speak English and Spanish proficiently
- Must be presently authorized to work in the U.S. without a requirement for work authorization sponsorship by our company for this position now or in the future
- Must pass bilingual fluency assessment
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Proficiency in written and verbal English and Spanish
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Ability to remain calm and diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to influence and effectively communicate with diverse personalities
- Effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external clients
- Strong analytical problem solving and decision making skills
- Effective organizational and time management skills
- Ability to work well with all levels of management and staff while maintaining a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Considerable knowledge of MS Word and Excel
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday 10:00 AM TO 6:00 PM.
Starting pay rate is 18.00 per hour plus overtime.
This position is remote. Our office in Carnegie PA will remain accessible for use as needed. Selected candidate will be required to complete training in-office for the first 2 to 4 weeks of employment and must be available to report to our office occasionally for team/company meetings.
Computer and software provided by VBA. Employee must have access to reliable internet connection and a quiet workspace.
Membership in OPEIU Local No. 457 is required following completion of 90-day probationary period.
Full-time permanent VBA employees receive a comprehensive benefit package including:
- Health Dental Vision Disability and Life Insurance Benefits
- 401k with employer match
- Paid Holidays Vacation Personal and Sick Days
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
Work Location: Remote