Job Responsibilities : Developer (Specialty) IV (contract)
Salary : $148000 per year
Company : Best Buy
Location : Remote US
Tell us about your department:
Best Buy is looking for a Senior Developer to join Best Buy’s Enterprise Data Platform engineering team. This team is responsible for delivering the platform and tooling that supports machine learning and other data driven initiatives throughout Best Buy.
Engineers on the Enterprise Data Platform team design and build scalable high performing data streaming systems that can stand up to peak holiday load. We build solutions that require advanced thinking in challenging disciplines like event sourcing stream processing and distributed systems. Best Buy is seeking innovative and technically curious technologists to join us as we make a huge impact across the entire Best Buy company.
Position Summary/Job Description:
This is a hands-on developer position. The individual in this roll will be involved throughout the development lifecycle for the Enterprise Data Platform with the primary responsibility of developing data processing pipelines with appropriate automation tooling in support of the platform.
This role is accompanied by career rewarding challenges by the very nature of the platform. The individual in this roll will be given the opportunity to deliver solutions in a highly distributed highly critical environment by leveraging data streaming and big data technologies.
- Complete assigned coding deliverables.
- Create automated tests for functional and load testing purposes.
- Peer review work products for completeness quality and compliance with established project standards.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to other developers on the team.
- Complete other assign duties as directed by team leader.
Required Skills :
- 7 or more years of experience in a similar developer role.
- 6+ years of experience building applications using Java or any other JVM based language.
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud Platform AWS or AZURE
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud BigQuery or any other data warehouse.
- 3+ years of experience with Google Cloud Pub/Sub or any other messaging system.
- 3+ years of experience with Apache Beam or any other streaming data processing system.
Preferred Skills :
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience in an Agile environment.
- Strong desire to produce and maintain end-user documentation.