Job Responsibilities : Next Chapter – Software Engineer – Player team – Multiple roles
Salary : $73.13 an hour
Company : Audible
Location : Remote US
Good storytelling starts with great listening. At Audible that means each role and every project has our audience in mind. Because the same people who design develop and deploy our products also happen to use them. To us that speaks volumes.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Next Chapter program at Audible is a 16-week paid returnship for experienced professionals returning to the workforce after taking time off for caregiving. The program is open to individuals who have at least 2 years of professional experience and have been out of the paid workforce for at least 1 year to focus on caring for a child or other dependent and is not currently in a university program.
At Audible we are excited to launch the Next Chapter program because we appreciate the skills you can offer the perspective you provide and the contributions you will make. This program offers you a chance to revamp your skills update your resume with new experience and make connections with other women and men transitioning back to the workforce. It also offers support through Path Forward a nonprofit organization on a mission to empower people who’ve been focused on caregiving transition back to the paid workforce.
This 16-week Returnship program is 100% virtual. Upon successful completion of the Returnship there is a possibility of an offer for full-time employment. We have fully remote roles or roles based in our Newark NJ Cambridge MA or Los Angeles CA hubs.
ABOUT THIS ROLE
As a Software Development Engineer it’s up to you to define design and refine the tech that keeps us one step ahead of listeners. Anticipate. Innovate. Bring challenging ideas and we’ll support you with the latest tech tools and systems that you need to succeed. We pride ourselves on our ability to imagine and invent solutions to problems of the future and you’ll be essential in this forward-thinking approach to development. Together with the team you’ll build and maintain our platform to bring thousands of stories to millions of listeners and unleash the power of the human voice.
ABOUT THE TEAM
Player team is responsible for building an audio listening platform that will improve how millions of Audible members hear and interact with spoken word content. We want to build an audio listening platform designed and optimized for the spoken word over other forms of audio entertainment so that comprehension and emotional impact is maximized for the listener. We own the end-to-end audio listening experience which includes player clients for web iOS & Android content security & digital rights management content delivery infrastructure and processing / synchronization of listening data across devices at a massive scale.
You are an innovative and passionate top software engineer looking to make a positive impact on customer experience. You like to own deliverables end-to-end and have a meaningful influence on the final product. You are a builder. You like to work with fellow engineers and product people to share knowledge imagine design develop test and launch software that wows our community and inspires our peers. You’re curious and love to learn unprompted as you stay up to date with tools trends technologies and best practices in the industry. Please don’t hesitate to apply!
As a Software Development Engineer you will…
- Partner with cross-functional teams to imagine design develop test and launch software that impacts our community and inspires your peers.
- Set the technical direction and strategy within a team and strategize to influence technology across Audible and beyond.
- Work with your team to invent design and build software that is stable and performant.
- Solve difficult problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors demonstrating sound judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Review code of other team members and provide constructive direction.
- Constantly strive to raise the bar on engineering excellence.
- Drive continuous improvement of software quality CX and maintainability of products/features.
- Lead the way – staying up to date with tools trends technologies and frameworks both industry-wide and within Amazon and then sharing that knowledge in a meaningful way with the community
- Mentor and lead developers by cultivating curiosity and deep technical understanding.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java C++ or C# including object-oriented design.
- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture design patterns reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science or related field.
- Well-rounded engineering skills; services architecture design and development experience – If you’ve built something in your spare time send us the link we’d love to hear about it.
- Building and maintaining very high traffic web services or scalable systems to collect store and process data.
- Prior use of AWS or equivalent cloud technologies at scale in a production environment (DynamoDB Lambda CloudFront SNS EC2 S3 CloudWatch REST services and APIs).
- Experience with REST API Serverless Microservices CI/CD.
At Audible we innovate and inspire through the power of voice. We’re changing the narrative on storytelling. As a leading creator and provider of premium audio storytelling we’ve redefined the ways people access discover and share stories. The stories we tell have the ability to transport and transform everyday moments into meaningful experiences and it’s our people who make Audible’s service possible. We’re listeners storytellers and problem-solvers. Our perspectives and experiences power our ideas and come together in our mission to unleash the power of the spoken word.
The pay for this position in Colorado is $73.13/hr. Our range of benefits may include health care employee discounts 401(k) savings plans paid time off and more. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Audible is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Audible is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.