Job Responsibilities : Attorney-Advisor (Enforcement)
Salary : $74000 Per Year
Company : Consumer Financial Protection Bureau
Location : Remote US
This position is located at Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Office of Enforcement. The incumbent serves as a senior Enforcement Attorney and conducts investigations and litigation.
Learn more about this agency
The following are the duties of this position at the CN-53 broadly equivalent to the GS-13. If you are selected at a lower grade level you will have the opportunity to learn to perform all these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position. Attorneys at CFPB may be eligible for promotions subject to the Bureau’s Attorney Hiring & Promotion Policy.
- Develops and implements investigation strategy such as the use of informal and formal requests for information civil investigative demands and witness interviews.
- Analyzes facts determines legal theories and makes recommendations regarding enforcement actions.
- Manages complex enforcement cases.
- Prepares memoranda of fact and law and policy analyses advising for or against action in areas of concern.
- Addresses legal questions referred by CFPB officials such as questions concerning the interpretation and application of statutes rules and regulations as they pertain to claims or other legal instruments involving private business State local national or foreign matters.
Occasional travel – You may be expected to travel for this position.
00 – Applicants will be selected at any one of the advertised grades based on experience and accomplishments. Candidates may be considered for promotion in accordance with Bureau policy which does not guarantee advancement to the next grade level.