Job Responsibilities : Assistant Editor, TOH
Salary : $57200 per year
Company : Trusted Media Brands
Location : Remote US
TMB (Trusted Media Brands) is a community-driven entertainment company that produces content inspired and created by our fans. We offer best-in-class insights and data-driven marketing solutions that reach engaged communities passionate about food home lifestyle and wellness; following our August 2021 acquisition of Jukin Media a leading digital entertainment company we also engage audiences across the pets humor and active lifestyle verticals. In all we reach nearly 60 million people in the U.S. and deliver more than two billion minutes of monthly video viewership across streaming TV and social media. See what’s new at FailArmy Taste of Home The Pet Collective Family Handyman People Are Awesome Reader’s Digest The Healthy and Birds and Blooms.
About the role:
The digital team at Taste of Home is looking for an Assistant Editor who can help us develop and optimize food and lifestyle content for tasteofhome.com. This role is a blend of writing SEO research and managing projects and includes the opportunity to be involved in several aspects of creating digital content.
You’ll pitch and write with brand initiatives and SEO best practices in mind and collaborate with our Test Kitchen culinary experts. You’ll also be involved in selecting where content lives on our site.
You are a skilled writer and editor who thrives on deadlines and can balance creativity with project management to help the Taste of Home digital team meet our production and traffic goals. You’re organized eager to collaborate across teams and excited about reaching a large national audience with content that both appeals to our loyal readers and attracts new fans.
- Pitch write and refresh digital food and lifestyle content with an eye on the latest SEO best practices
- Build recipe collections including choosing recipes and writing recipe descriptions
- Select content to highlight on our homepage and category pages
- Research SEO keywords and work with our team of SEO analysts
- Collaborate with our Test Kitchen to build authority into assignments
- Participate in brainstorms to ideate new content and improve existing content
- Balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Tackle assignments with daily direction from Senior Editor
- Other duties as assigned
- 1-3 years of experience (including internships) writing and/or editing digital content
- Bachelor’s degree in English communications media marketing or related field
- Understanding of the digital landscape particularly SEO strategy and performance metrics
- A familiarity with and interest in the food and food lifestyle space
- Research skills and an understanding of what makes a reliable source
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar content management systems
- Organization skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time while thinking creatively setting priorities and changing course as needed
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a dynamic team
About this team:
Our team is high-performing goal-focused fast-paced dynamic and flexible to stretch and move with trends and business growth needs. This team is highly collaborative working seamlessly with other teams around the business. The team also has a fun and friendly culture which has helped all flourish while working from home.
We value our people and offer a collaborative and engaging culture. As a TMB employee you will enjoy work/life balance generous time off and comprehensive benefits and programs. Learn more about what life is like working at TMB at https://www.trustedmediabrands.com/careers/.
TMB embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race religion color national origin gender sexual orientation age marital status veteran status or disability status.