Job Responsibilities : Femme2STEM Youth Navigator
Salary : $23 an hour
Company : YWCA Seattle | King | Snohomish
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Market program and recruit female-identified BIPOC youth (ages 17-24) with a focus on young African-American and Latinx women
- Engage learners of all backgrounds in STEM educational activities utilizing innovative and interactive educational strategies and materials that illustrate how STEM disciplines can benefit communities of color
- Assist participants to navigate racist and sexist workplaces and educational environments overcome “imposter syndrome” and access culturally and racially relevant self-care supports.
- Attend and participate in various youth development and partnership meetings (Port of Seattle King County Reengagement System youth-focused committees etc.)
- Participate in YWCA Social Justice Accountability Team meetings caucuses social justice and racial equity trainings and workshops and work with program manager to craft Racial Equity Workplans
- Continue search for understanding of racial gender and class equity
- Adhere to all Volunteer Services protocol relative to volunteer usage recognition and monitoring
- Knowledge of STEM and STEM-based educational curricula.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with people of different cultures races ethnicities nationalities genders and other backgrounds.
- Experience providing career and college navigation assistance.
- Familiarity with Windows Word Excel Outlook and database
- Candidate must be able to travel independently between multiple work sites
- Core competencies required: Adaptability; Analytical Thinking; Attention to Detail; Collaboration; Discernment/Judgement; Fostering Diversity; Initiative; Innovation; Interpersonal Skills; Problem Solving; Relationship Building; Reliability; Social Justice Advocacy
Click Here : Apply Now