Job Responsibilities : Application Architect
Salary : $12396 per month
Company : FedEx Services
Location : Remote US
Under limited supervision define processes and create project level architectures for specific applications. Working with business and data architects evaluate products and projects to ensure congruency with strategic initiatives and industry trends. Provide technical advise to resolve production problems.
Job Specific Information:
The Application Architect position is part of the Architecture job family at FedEx Services designed to attract and retain professionals in the Enterprise Architecture discipline as it relates to architecting and delivering enterprise large scale global solutions for an applied technology company. The Application Architect provides guidance enablement and direction in support of Information Technology needs that support Enterprise Platform Architecture initiatives. Members of this team participate in and lead a community of architects to define standards application blueprints architectural guidelines and best practices that enable a capability based long-term vision and strategy. In addition members of this team provide architectural leadership and deliverables supporting core enterprise applications programs and projects to further the company’s global cross operating company strategies.
This position will be responsible for some or all of the following:
- Participate in long range planning for the structure and interaction of the enterprise’s major types and sources of data information needs business processes and strategy.
- Responsible for decisions and priorities regarding the overall enterprise architecture.
- Translate business needs into architectural solutions (current and target state) and defining solutions to business problems through the application of information technology.
- Facilitate the establishment and implementation of standards and guidelines that direct the design of technology solutions including architecting and implementing solutions requiring integration of multiple platforms.
- Develop and document the framework for integration and implementation for changes to architectural standards.
- Determine architecture solutions that meet performance scalability reliability and security needs.
- Provide technical guidance to project team areas as appropriate.
- Proven leadership skills including the ability to work well with a large team across multiple functional areas.
- Proven technical skills in Java Datastax Oracle PCF SQL WebLogic or other development language / platform.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present technical concepts to upper-level management and officers.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- It is important to note that the Enterprise Architecture discipline is a transformative role that envisions a future and works to enable that future though a proven and disciplined set of processes tools and professional skills.
- The successful candidate for this position can expect to lead discussions in a team environment with a wide range of professional enterprise software engineers.
Skills/Knowledge/Experience Considered a Plus:
Experience with the following technologies processes tools will be essential to the successful candidate:
- TOGAF o Zachmann o Modeling tools such as Sparx Embarcadero Visio
- Web Services Development including REST JSON SOAP o Cloud-Native Design – 12 Factor PaaS IaaS SaaS
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry
- API First Development
- Test Driven Development
- Database technologies such as Oracle DB2 DataStax
- Event-driven technologies included complex event processing
- Rules engines such as JRules
- Demonstrated experience architecting designing implementing and delivering global enterprise solutions
- Demonstrated experience analyzing global business problems
- Ability to work in a dynamic team environment and interact with resources from technical and non-technical organizations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills for interacting and collaborating with developers analysts and business staff throughout the organization
- Ability to express complex technical information in a user-friendly language and style; present information effectively in one-on-one and small group settings including executive management
- Demonstrated capability developing maintaining promoting enterprise architecture
- Demonstrated ability to provide thought leadership and abstract thinking
Bachelor’s degree in computer science engineering information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or work experience. Five (5) years equivalent work experience in information technology or engineering environment. A related advanced degree may offset the related experience requirement.
Domicile: This position will be domiciled in Collierville TN (Memphis area) Colorado Springs CO or Coraopolis PA (Pittsburg area).
Remote Work: The ability to work remotely within the United States may be available based on business need.
Relocation: Relocation assistance may be available based on business need.
Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF format only) and answer job screening questionnaire by close of business (5:00pm CST) on the date below. If the date below is blank there is no specified closing date for this requisition.
Monday October 17 2022
Colorado Residents Only – Compensation: Monthly Salary $8436.26 – $12396
The estimate displayed represents the typical salary range or starting rate of candidates hired in Colorado. Factors that may be used to determine your actual salary may include your specific skills your work location how many years of experience you have and comparison to other employees already in this role. This information is provided to applicants in accordance to the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Employee Benefits: Medical dental and vision insurance; paid Life and AD&D insurance; tuition reimbursement; paid sick leave; paid parental leave paid vacation and additional paid time off; geographic pay ranges; 401K with Company match and incentive bonus potential; sales incentive compensation for selling roles.
FedEx. Where now meets next.
Our vision is to be the earth’s most engaged advocates of connected commerce where open borders new markets and fair sustainable practices are the norm for the billions of personal supply chains being managed every day in our always on mobile-first world. We stand for ease access and opportunity. We lead purposeful innovation champion entrepreneurs advocate free trade and empower humans and their place in the era of autonomy and AI. We fight for our customers a more sustainable planet and an ethical playing field.
FedEx inspires its more than 570000 team members to remain focused on safety the highest ethical and professional standards and the needs of their customers and communities. FedEx is committed to connecting people and possibilities around the world responsibly and resourcefully with a goal to achieve carbon-neutral operations by 2040.
FedEx has been recognized on many different lists both for business success and for being a great employer:
- Fortune World’s Most Admired Companies – 2021
- Forbes Best Employers for Diversity – 2021
- LinkedIn Top 100 Companies – 2021
- TIME 100 Most Influential Companies – 2021
- World HRD Congress Best Gender Equality Workplace – 2021
- InsiderPro ComputerWorld Best Places to Work for IT – 2021
FedEx Services is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion gender sexual orientation gender identity national origin age genetics disability or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Services does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities in regard to job application procedures hiring and other terms and conditions of employment. Further FedEx Services is prepared to make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified applicant or employee to enable the applicant or employee to be considered for the desired position to perform the essential functions of the position in question or to enjoy equal benefits and privileges of employment as are enjoyed by other similarly situated employees without disabilities unless the accommodation will impose an undue hardship. If a reasonable accommodation is needed please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.