Job Responsibilities : Autonomous Systems Test Operations Manager
Salary : $98700 per year
Company : Apple
Location : Remote US
Posted: Nov 9 2021
At Apple we take pride in surprising and delighting our customers with innovative products and services that enrich lives. The people here at Apple explore ideas that create new markets and revolutionize how people live. They believe better solutions exist and focus on defining and perfecting them. Bring your passion dedication and expertise and find out how much you can make a difference. Join Apple and help us make the world better for our future generations. Our R&D test operations organization is looking for a systems engineer to lead our Development and Validation Test team. In this role you will be responsible for leading a team of test engineers and coordinators to test autonomous software on hardware platforms. You will work at the intersection of software and hardware engineering to advance systems development.
- The ideal candidate possesses an applied systems engineering background sound safety management principles and a passion for leading people.
- Applied experience in new product testing operations preferably with experience in robotics computer vision GIS and mapping operational safety management V&V control systems or general systems engineering
- Understanding and experience driving software development life-cycle (requirements design development test release and post-launch analysis) ability to contribute to engineering design discussions based on observed feedback and test results
- Experience with sensors compute networking or electrical systems
- Analytical thinker who can translate requirements into a structured program
- A people leader who is excited to direct and develop a team of direct reports
- Continuous evaluation and improvement through actionable insights
- History of promoting or guiding safety practices across an organization experience with a Safety Management Systems (SMS) desirable
- Passionate about building a positive culture across the organization by promoting safety diversity teamwork and balancing a “get things done” mentality with empathy
- Ability to manage time and priorities effectively in a fast-paced and often ambiguous environment
- Excellent communicator who builds relationships with people of all levels across the organization
– Design plan execute plans to test and validate autonomous software features along with engineers safety and program managers – Analyze complex issues across hardware systems software and services and drive improvements to internal systems – Develop strategy for both short and long-term goals team growth training improvements and program development – Influence the technical capabilities of the team by recognizing opportunities to better utilize the technology – Monitor device usage utilization and efficiency – Define and maintain testing policies and standards – Promote safety culture demonstrate leadership in safety through human factors identification of hazards and risks utilize safety management system – Develop relationships and collaborate with teams in Learning & Development Data triage Analytics Maintenance – Hardware Management Test Development Operational Safety Test Safety Software Engineering and Hardware Engineering – Lead and develop a team of direct reports – Periodic domestic travel may be required – This role requires working onsite in the Santa Clara Valley area following Apple’s remote work strategy
Education & Experience
M.S. or B.S. in IT Engineering Physics or related field; with 5+ years of relevant experience
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants including minorities women protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about disclose or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.