Job Responsibilities : Customer Care Representative I (contract)
Salary : $14 per hour
Company : Anthem
Location : Remote
- Responds to customer questions via telephone and written correspondence regarding insurance benefits provider contracts eligibility and claims.
- Analyzes problems and provides information/solutions.
- Operates a PC/image station to obtain and extract information; documents information activities and changes in the database.
- Thoroughly documents inquiry outcomes for accurate tracking and analysis.
- Develops and maintains positive customer relations and coordinates with various functions within the company to ensure customer requests and questions are handled appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Researches and analyzes data to address operational challenges and customer service issues.
- Provides external and internal customers with requested information.
- Under immediate supervision receives and places follow-up telephone calls / e-mails to answer customer questions that are routine in nature.
- Uses computerized systems for tracking information gathering and troubleshooting.
- Seeks understands and responds to the needs and expectations of internal and external customers.
- Required to meet department goals.
- Must be professional at all time.
- Requires a HS diploma or equivalent; up to 1 year of previous experience in an automated customer service environment; or any combination of education and experience which would provide an equivalent background.
- Requires limited knowledge of company services products insurance benefits provider contracts and claims.
- Customer service skills excellent hospitality skills great organizational skills excellent listening skills and solid communication skills (oral and written).
- Must have a sense of urgency to resolve members’ issues be patient be flexible and have a willingness to learn.
- Strong work ethic (i.e. great attendance).
- Must be adaptable to a fast pace environment and have the ability to multitask.