Job Responsibilities : Android Engineer, Home, Personalization
Salary : $152000 per year
Company : Spotify
Location : Remote US
The Personalization team makes deciding what to play next easier and more enjoyable for every listener. From Blend to Discover Weekly we’re behind some of Spotify’s most-loved features. We built them by understanding the world of music and podcasts better than anyone else. Join us and you’ll keep millions of users listening by making great recommendations to each and every one of them. We ask that our team members be physically located in Central European time or Eastern Standard/Daylight time zones for the purposes of our collaboration hours.
New York or Remote ESTAmericas
We are looking for a thoughtful well-rounded Android engineer to help build Home personalization experiences. Home is the first thing you see when you fire up the app the face of Spotify. As a member of our team 40M people a day on mobile and hundreds of million monthly over all our services will start their listening sessions by making a choice enabled by the products you will build. You would join a group of people passionate about making the Home screen of Spotify a completely personalized surface through a broad content catalog machine learning-based ranking and creative UX experience features. In our squad Xplanation we ensure that users can instantly understand every recommendation. We aim to provide effective cues for users to evaluate and adopt recommendations.
What You’ll Do
- Take a critical Android engineering role on the team responsible for building Home mobile personalized experiences.
- Collaborate with a team of developers designers and product owners across Spotify to extend the reach of Home UI/UX.
- Build features on Spotify’s pioneering Android app that brings the joy of music & podcast to millions of users.
- Design develop and extend Continuous Integration & Development (CI/CD) systems purpose-built for testing Home on Mobile at scale.
- Write clear maintainable code that will scale across several projects and distributed development teams.
Who You Are
- You have a deep understanding of modern Android development and Android development tools.
- You have at least 2 years of experience in how to write readable maintainable performant object-oriented Kotlin.
- You care about quality and know what it means to ship high-quality code.
- You have experience with large-scale systems and a high understanding of end-to-end systems.
- You have released at least one app or have a project in the works that you can tell us about.
- You are a problem-solving team member flexible and ready to do what‘s best for your customers.
- You have a great ability to learn and are eager to expand your areas of expertise.
- You have a strong eye for quality and care for the product’s overall performance.
- You value differences in others and believe that innovation comes from diverse teams.
Where You’ll Be
- We are a distributed workforce enabling our band members to find the best work mode for them!
- Where in the world? This role can be within the Americas region in which we have a work location and within working hours.
- Working hours? For collaboration we operate within the Eastern Standard time zone and ask that all be located in that time zone.
- Prefer an office to work from home instead? Not a problem! We have plenty of options for your working preferences.
- Find more information about our Work From Anywhere options here.
Our global benefits
Extensive learning opportunities through our dedicated team GreenHouse.
Flexible share incentives letting you choose how you share in our success.
Global parental leave six months off – fully paid – for all new parents.
All The Feels our employee assistance program and self-care hub.
Flexible public holidays swap days off according to your values and beliefs.
Spotify On Tour join your colleagues on trips to industry festivals and events.
Learn about life at Spotify
Colorado Applicants: This role is currently unavailable for hire or work in Colorado USA.
Spotify is an equal opportunity employer. You are welcome at Spotify for who you are no matter where you come from what you look like or what’s playing in your headphones. Our platform is for everyone and so is our workplace. The more voices we have represented and amplified in our business the more we will all thrive contribute and be forward-thinking! So bring us your personal experience your perspectives and your background. It’s in our differences that we will find the power to keep revolutionizing the way the world listens.
Spotify transformed music listening forever when we launched in 2008. Our mission is to unlock the potential of human creativity by giving a million creative artists the opportunity to live off their art and billions of fans the chance to enjoy and be passionate about these creators. Everything we do is driven by our love for music and podcasting. Today we are the world’s most popular audio streaming subscription service.