Job Responsibilities : Analyst, HR Budget & Planning
Salary : $63000 Per Year
Company : Ross Stores
Location : Remote US
Welcome to Ross Stores Inc. where our differences make us stronger… At Ross and dd’s inclusion is a way of life. We care about our Associates and the communities we serve and we value their differences. We are committed to building diverse teams and an inclusive culture. We respect and celebrate the diversity of backgrounds identities and ideas of those who work and shop with us. Come join us as we continue our diversity equality and inclusion journey!
The Analyst for HR Budget & Planning will provide budgeting reporting planning day-to-day tracking and forecasting monitoring and ad-hoc analysis to the HR department of Ross Stores.
This role will be a key contributor to the design and implementation HR planning budgeting and forecasting tools and will work in the corporate budgeting and planning systems. The HR Analyst will also maintain a database of HR vendor contracts and track HR vendor obligations. This role will also own the Repayment Process manage and update Log and send repayment letters to collect monies owed to Ross from associates separating from Ross.
On a quarterly and annual basis the HR Analyst will complete a wide range of analyses for the HR Leadership team.
Budgeting & Planning
- Support the development of the annual Budgeting process for the HR department.
- Work closely with HR business partners to solicit inputs and analyze results identifying business drivers for variances including changes in trends and/or plans. Make recommendations based on data gathered.
- Support the development of the annual five-year strategic planning process including development and analysis of headcount projections capital expenditure needs and requests and depreciation impact.
- Understand business priorities and drivers of activities and costs and use that information to build budget models that accurately predict levels and timing of costs.
- Prepare weekly monthly and quarterly financial reports.
- Support HR partners by maintaining database of current vendor contracts and tracking outstanding obligations.
- Partner with Ross Procurement and Legal teams to ensure contracting process is followed by HR partners and vendors.
Repayment Process Management
- Gathers repayment obligation amount and provides information to HR Partners Finance and Legal
- Initiate drafts and sends Repayment Letters monthly
- Manages and updates Repayment Master Log
Ad Hoc Analysis
- Deliver ad hoc financial analysis projects and reports as identified by management team.
Documentation and Tools
- Create FAQs or other documentation for financial planning processes and systems.
- Create templates and models to facilitate budgeting and planning processes.
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
- Interpersonal Savvy
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIAL SKILLS REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s degree required with demonstrated superior college performance (preferably in an analytical field).
- Prior experience in financial planning preferred.
- Strong analytical ability – must be able to synthesize data error check and reconcile own work and be able to structure analysis to answer specific questions.
- Good communication skills both verbal and written with all levels of associates.
- Detail oriented approach – must pay close attention to details and have the drive for accuracy.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong Excel and Word skills as well as ability to learn multiple new back end software applications (e.g. Hyperion PeopleSoft HR Systems).
- Ability to cope with changing priorities.
- Ability to exercise discretion with highly confidential information.
- Ability to work independently.
- Reliability (attendance and timeliness) important to ensure consistency of daily reporting for the Company.
Job requires ability to work in an office environment primarily on a computer.
Requires sitting standing walking hearing talking on the telephone attending in-person meetings typing and working with paper/files etc.
Consistent timeliness and regular attendance.
Vision requirements: Ability to see information in print and/or electronically.
This role requires regular in-office presence including to engage in in-person team interaction meetings collaboration and client support. However this role can perform duties effectively using a combination of in-office and remote work.
This job description is a summary of the primary duties and responsibilities of the job and position. It is not intended to be a comprehensive or all-inclusive listing of duties and responsibilities. Contents are subject to change at management’s discretion.
Ross is an equal employment opportunity employer. We consider individuals for employment or promotion according to their skills abilities and experience. We believe that it is an essential part of the Company’s overall commitment to attract hire and develop a strong talented and diverse workforce. Ross is committed to complying with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination based on race color religious creed age national origin ancestry physical mental or developmental disability sex (which includes pregnancy childbirth breastfeeding and medical conditions related to pregnancy childbirth or breastfeeding) veteran status military status marital or registered domestic partnership status medical condition (including cancer or genetic characteristics) genetic information gender gender identity gender expression sexual orientation as well as any other category protected by federal state or local laws.