Job Responsibilities : Travel for Meetings (T4M)/Group Air Planner
Salary : $40000 per year
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Virtual Group Air Planner will be responsible for managing group air/T4M travel/movements ranging from 10 to several thousand people. This will involve research and negotiation with airlines for group allocation of seats agreeing to airline contracts as well as managing the seats and keeping to the airlines deadlines. Additionally smaller groups will require experience of published and private fares bookable via the GDS (preferably Sabre/Apollo/Amadeus).
You will be responsible for all aspects of Travel for Meetings (T4M) movements for your portfolio of clients taking new inquiries by phone or e-mail and discussing the details directly with the clients or client planner researching the best airlines for specific destinations in line with the clients agreed requirements as well as preparing full cost comparisons with savings air fare analysis and event reporting. Engagement in T4M related projects and in the development of their T4M program.
On the client’s acceptance of the proposal you will then work with the client on all of the contracted elements of the event building relevant databases to support the administration manage amendments from the client as well as committing and communicating airline contract and deadline dates. On occasions you may need to work on site with the client to ensure the smooth running of the event. You will produce event specific reporting such as A&D Itinerary and Cost reports via Insights or the Sage reporting tool. You will be in charge of managing the financial requirements throughout – from raising deposit invoices to closing the final accounts as well as the event debrief.
- Management of multiple client’s events from 10 people up to 1000’s including all aspects of Air Travel
- Deliver outstanding service to the clients specification including research budgets policies negotiation and management of airlines
- Planning coordination and execution of group air travel
- Communicate confidently amongst peers to share best practice
- Achieve targeted financial results whilst delivering high quality service and demonstrate significant savings on client spend. Financial management throughout the life cycle of the booking.
- Undertake continuous self-development and training.
- Able to work on own initiative and within a team.
- Self Starter
- 2+ Years of previous (recent) Experience as a Travel for Meetings/Group Air Planner or Coordinator
- Experience in compiling event level reports via Insights Sage or Trondent
- Expert knowledge in GDS (preferably Sabre/Apollo)
- Strong provider research and negotiation skills.
- Utilizing registration web site tools capturing delegates’ information and managing delegate changes and updates is also an advantage
- Working knowledge using the Concur OBT in conjunction with Cvent integration and building meetings within the Concur tool a Plus
- Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Excel for database base work is essential
- Customer focused with good attention to detail and communication skills.
- Effective written and telephone communication skills
This is a virtual role***
United States – Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement
Click Here : Apply Now