Job Responsibilities : After Hours Travel Counselor
Salary : $42000 per year
Company : American Express Global Business Travel
Location : Remote US
Overview of Role:
The Traveler Counsellor role at GBT is to deliver exceptional travel service experience for our Corporate and Business Travel Customers. By working together as a high performing team our Travel Counsellors provide exceptional traveler care first call resolution and the highest quality of customer service to GBT corporate clients. It is a high touch service environment where you will have true accountability for the service relationship and customer experience by providing creative and timely travel solutions using available tools and technology as needed while maximizing supplier revenue.
The role will form part of a highly skilled team of Corporate Travel Counsellors located virtually from home at one of our Business Travel Centers or on-site at client locations. The role will report to a Team Coach.
- Act as Travel Advisor and Consultant to a single or multiple Corporate Business accounts with the willingness to jump in and flexibility in shifts to meet client needs
- Act as the point of sale on all travel requirements arranging both routine and complex domestic and international business travel for air road rail and accommodation utilizing various Global Distribution Systems (GDSs) (Sabre/Apollo/Galileo/Amadeus)
- Provide consultative advice solutions and recommendations. Additionally pro-actively selling additional service for our travelers (e.g. Hotel and Car) whilst ensuring adherence to the customers agreed travel policy and requirements
- Complying with all legal standard requirements which include mandatory training compliance and sanctions
- Deliver expectations on individual/shared team goals and support all business Key Performance Indicators. Proactively access Compass to check on and improve performance
- Ensure customer travel profiles are detailed and accurate following internal compliance and regulatory requirements for all customers and locations supported
- Manage the end-to-end booking process through the ticketing and order fulfillment either over the telephone via messaging or via email or back office systems and servicing platforms.
- Operate in a telephony servicing environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success such as customer satisfaction (CSAT) key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics) and driving key partnerships and sale of preferred air and hotel partners
- Operate in a Multi-Channel servicing environment where you are accountable to key performance indicators of success such as customer satisfaction (CSAT) key productivity metrics (for example call adherence and call service metrics
- Use positive telephone service techniques; act on special customer requests and maintain excellent client relations
- Meeting the servicing of your nominated account or clients travel requirements whilst adhering to your nominated call schedule daily and reporting any variances in the workforce management scheduling tool to your Team Coach
- Coach develop and mentor more junior Travel Counsellor colleagues in the team as needed
- Express enthusiasm and energy within the organization and always act according to company ethics values and Compliance guidelines.
- Working phone email or chat booking air hotel and car rental
- Supports executive travel bookings and/or C-Level travel
- Actions reviews and presents to customer BTA reconciliations.
- Investigates/action Travel Counsellors reservations/PNR for ticketing quality/accuracy client escalations or lowest fare (e.g. CSI/CSR Trailblazer)
Key Qualifications and Attributes:
- Detailed understanding of fares and ticketing rules both domestic and international land air and sea travel
- Knowledge and experience of:
- International air hotel car and rail booking
- Calculating and Processing exchanges
- High proficiency in one or more of the following GDS: *Hiring Leader to specify which: Sabre Apollo Amadeus or Galileo
- Experience working in a high touch service environment where performance is measured through both customer satisfaction as well as through meeting and exceeding key revenue and servicing targets
- Experience working in a team
- Background in Business Travel leisure or airline reservation required
- Passion for Excellence in Client Service
- Excellent Professional Communication – both written and verbal
- Detail-oriented – ability to act with integrity and deal sensitively with personal and confidential traveler information
- Ability to speak more than one language desirable
- Ability to research and resolve customer service and traveler issues independently and /or with supplier
- Problem Solving with a process improvement mindset
- Able to work under pressure with a sense of urgency while maintaining a professional rapport and multi-task accepting and adapting to change quickly and professionally
- Ability to positively influence team and peers
- Learning agility and ability to act on constructive feedback
- Possess a strong understanding of travel trends and industry best practices
United States – Texas – Virtual Location
It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities to all individuals based on job-related qualifications and ability to perform a job without regard to age gender gender identity sexual orientation race color religion creed national origin disability genetic information veteran status citizenship or marital status and to maintain a non-discriminatory environment free from intimidation harassment or bias based upon these grounds.
GBT Recruitment Privacy Statement