Job Responsibilities: Manager, Business Development-Sales (Northern NJ area)
Salary: $67789 per year
Location: Remote US
American Express work from home Jobs Description:
The Manager of Business Development’s key responsibility is to solicit merchants in Northern NJ/Rockland County, NY to accept the American Express Card as a form of payment from their customers focusing on B2B sales. This position will identify key merchant prospects with up to $300M in annual revenue and implement effective sales strategies and solutions. Managers of Business Development utilize their in-depth knowledge of American Express, the industry, and their prospects to provide solutions. Additional responsibilities include gathering and disseminating marketplace and competitive information, coordinating all internal resources necessary to facilitate each sale, and executing proper account setup and merchant training.
Successful Managers of Business Development use their prospecting and cold calling skills to identify, filter, and qualify leads to effectively manage a pipeline of prospects. They plan strategically, research, and are knowledgeable about the industries and markets they call on. They possess strong analytical, organizational, decision-making, negotiation, oral, written, and interpersonal skills.
- Proficiency with PC applications (MS Office, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Proficiency with Salesforce.com is an asset.
- Knowledge of the territory.
- Residence in the territory is required with up to 5% overnight travel within the territory.
- Strong financial and business acumen.
- Self-disciplined and self-motivated to work on my own in a home office environment.
- Experienced in prospecting for leads.