Job Responsibilities : Applied Scientist – Amazon Scout- 100% Remote, Robotics & Perception – Amazon Scout
Salary : $110000 per year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
- Graduate degree (MS or PhD) in Electrical Engineering Computer Sciences or Mathematics with specialization in machine learning computer vision.
- Experience with production computer vision and machine learning systems
- A thorough understanding of both best practices for practical systems and the state-of-the-art in academic research
- Experience developing software in C++ or Python.
Are you inspired by building new technologies to benefit customers? Do you dream of being at the forefront of robotics and autonomous system technology? Would you enjoy working in a fast paced highly collaborative start-up like environment? If you answered yes to any of these then you’ve got to check out the Amazon Scout team.
We’ve been hard at work developing a new fully-electric delivery system – Amazon Scout – designed to get packages to customers using autonomous delivery devices. These devices were created by Amazon are the size of a small cooler and roll along sidewalks at a walking pace ensuring they navigate safely and efficiently around pets pedestrians and anything else in their path.
The Amazon Scout team shares a passion for innovation using advanced technologies a love of solving complex challenges and a desire to impact customers in a meaningful way. We’re looking for individuals who like dealing with ambiguity solving hard large scale problems and working in a startup like environment. To learn more about Amazon Scout check out our Amazon Day One Blog post here: http://amazon.com/scout
We are looking for a Applied Scientist to join the Amazon Scout team with the flexibility to work completely remote. As a Applied Scientist specializing in Computer Vision & machine learning you will combine cutting-edge Deep Learning techniques with classical Computer Vision to create intelligent systems.
In this job you will:
- Collaborate with Robotics scientists and Hardware teams to develop perception systems for Robots.
- Take responsibility for technical problem solving including creatively meeting product objectives and developing best practices.
- Interact with teammates in variety of roles to accomplish your goals.
- Identify and initiate investigations of new technologies prototype and test solutions for product features and design and validate designs that deliver an exceptional user experience.
- Recruit hire and develop other Applied Scientists.
You are a person with a commitment to team work who enjoys working on complex systems is customer centric and thrives on the challenge of prototyping new systems that will eventually operate at world-wide scale.
- 3+ years of industry experience in robotics
3+ years of relevant research experience in computer vision and machine learning.
- Experience in developing perception algorithms for autonomous systems using different sensors
- Experience in domain adaptation techniques and using synthetic data for training DL models.
Experience as a technical lead on a small team.
- Good written and spoken communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success and we make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We welcome applications from all members of society irrespective of age gender disability sexual orientation race religion or belief.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.