Job Responsibilities : Software Development Engineer, Alexa Local Information
Salary : 90000 per Year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- Programming experience with at least one software programming language.
- 1+ years of experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science related fields
Do you want to work with big data and machine learning while serving important customer needs? Join our growing team to transform store and serve local information to customers in over 13 countries. The Alexa Local Information team is responsible for enabling Alexa to answer questions such as “Alexa where can I get a covid vaccine?” or “Alexa find hiking trails nearby”. We are responsible for sourcing ingesting and curating business data such as addresses phone numbers hours and many other attributes important to our customers. The team’s domain spans different categories and types of data with increasing complexity especially as we grow internationally. We’re working on projects to provide real-time EV Charging Station availability enabling customers to make/cancel reservations and enable more flexible search.
We are looking for a passionate self-starter engineer to join the Alexa AI team. Your job will be to creatively design and develop new disruptive ways of infusing customer experiences with hyper-local data. You’ll measure your success by the pace of innovation you help drive quality of your software design and execution and the level of customer delight. If you’re ready to make a difference for hundreds of millions of users if you want to drive disruptive AI and machine learning into ubiquitous voice-enabled computing by tackling the hardest technical challenges and if you can design mission-critical software at scale we would love to talk to you.
- Will utilize cutting-edge big data and machine-learning technologies including Scala EMR DynamoDB Redis and other cloud technologies
- Will work in an agile Scrum environment to deliver high-quality software
- Will establish software design principles select design patterns and mentor junior team members
Alexa is leading the next decade of ambient computing powered by AI and A2I. If you want to be in the forefront of AI and voice-based computing join us at Amazon’s HQ2.
Our team highly values a work-life balance. We have high manager and job satisfaction and strive to provide a psychologically safe fun environment for our team.
- Development experience using Amazon EMR Spark DynamoDB and other Big Data services
- Development experience using Spark ML Amazon SageMaker or other ML framework
- Development experience using Scala
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Excellence in technical communications with both technical and non-technical peers
- Experience in delivering geolocation local search location aware services or related services.
- Experience in Search A/B experimentation Distributed Computing Data Analysis Information Retrieval.
- Interest in Search Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing.
- Demonstrated ability to mentor other software developers to maintain architectural vision and software quality.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.