Job Responsibilities : Data Analyst, Alexa AI – Local Information
Salary : $47,500 – $79,400 a year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- Education/degree in a relevant field
- 2+ years experience working with data analysis
- Experience with process design and documentation
- Experience taking a lead role on large fast-moving projects
- Experience communicating research findings and analysis in both written and spoken channels
Do you like Alexa? Do you love bleeding edge technology? Are you a data analyst or linguist with technical aptitude? Alexa AI – Local Information team is looking for a Data Analyst to join our team as data and domain expert for multiple languages. This role focuses on expanding analysis and evaluation of speech and interaction data deliverables. The Data Analyst will become an expert in dialog evaluation processes work closely with a team of skilled analysts be a key member in developing new conventions for relevant workflows and handle unique data analysis requests.
The Data Analyst must have a passion for data technology efficiency and accuracy. Specifically the Data Analyst will:
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate customer experience with speech interfaces. The analysis would have to be automated to meet the scale of customers.
- Evaluate changing dialog evaluation conventions test tooling developments and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
- Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient high quality and scalable
- Provide day-to-day expert support for a large and growing team of product managers and engineers
- Provide key support for on-going and new data collection efforts
- Demonstrates analytical problem solving and research design skills through previous work with data analysis
- Strong technical and analytical aptitude
- Experience working with speech and/or language data
- Proficiency in scripting querying and/or analytics tools: Python SQL Regular Expression Git command line or similar tools
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Comfortable handling a high volume of data on a daily basis
- Comfortable working in a fast paced highly collaborative dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time and to accept re prioritization as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Exceptional level of organization
- The pay range for this position in Colorado is $47500 – $79400/yr; however base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.