Job Responsibilities : Software Development Manager – Sustainability Project
Salary : Â£67004 per year
Company : Amazon Data Services UK Ltd
Location : Remote GB
- 5+ years of experience in technical roles such as engineering technical program management systems architecture or system implementation
- 3+ years of experience with software development lifecycle from conception to delivery
- 5+ years of project management experience and demonstrated knowledge of program management best practices
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science engineering mathematics similar fields or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to present complex technical information in a clearly to a variety of audiences
- Proven ability to facilitate design estimation and delivery processes for software development teams
Do you want to innovate on a new platform with Amazon Web Services?
Come join our teams in Amazon you’ll help us design and develop solutions that enables us to expand the offering in the sustainability space. As a Software Development Manager (SDM) you’ll manage the engineering design and decisions with a team of engineers and product partners. As a SDM with our team you will collaborate with other managers on technical design and strategy with a career opportunity for growth that only Amazon can offer.
Our solutions will support programs in sustainability and compliance and build a platform that will extend to first-class AWS services. You’ll join our team in Security Assurance collaborating with engineers designing solutions at massive scale.
To succeed in this role you believe in high standards for code quality code reviews testing and operational excellence. You create mechanisms for achieving results and iterating improvements and can lead a team to deliver results in a space that operates like a start-up with the autonomy to build the right solution from Day One.
About the team
This role is in the Security Assurance’s Global Trade and Product Compliance (GTPC) technology teams. GTPC Tech is building software to scale the trade and compliance team’s processes and compliance programs. This opportunity is in start-up phase and actively growing consisting of one team and scaling out to two teams. We’re building a suite of micro-services for compliance activities and integrations across the organisation including the supply chain finance tax and legal teams.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at Amazon we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives learn and be curious and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Remote Work Options Available
We value your time to innovate and recognize the need for heads down time to focus on a build. We also value in-person collaboration and time spent face-to-face. Our team affords engineers with options to work in the office every day or work remotely in a flexible hybrid schedule.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience creating new products in a highly ambiguous environment
- Experience building solutions for product compliance or sustainability functions
- Experience generating automated metrics to measure service and program effectiveness and consistency
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover invent simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.