Job Responsibilities : Technical Writer
Salary : 68000 per Year
Company : Amazon.com Services LLC
Location : Remote US
- BA/BS degree in computer science English technical writing or a related field or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years of experience as a technical writer in a relevant field.
- Experience creating documentation for a technical audience.
- Experience in a production-focused environment fulfilling multiple projects requests while meeting tight deadlines with limited oversight.
If you’re someone with a natural curiosity and genuine interest in technical writing as a career; if you’re someone who enjoys working in a fun dynamic environment; if you’re a true self-starter who works well with others; and if you have both writing ability and technical prowess we want to hear from you.
You’ll need a customer service background to help you when collaborating directly with our support team and publishing effective support content in a fast-paced fluid environment.
In this role your work will directly help our customers to get started quickly ensuring that the technical details of our products are clearly described and easy to understand.
The ideal candidate has excellent writing editing time management and communication skills. You’re able to own content projects from start to finish understanding trade-offs while mitigating risks and measuring impact.
Key job responsibilities
- Create customer service content getting-started guides in-depth documentation on product features FAQ reference materials and more.
- Improve existing documentation based on customer feedback.
- Craft authoritative accessible copy with the ability to pivot tone of voice depending on the project.
- Contribute to the organization’s messaging strategy crafting content guides for new products and features.
- Strong attention to detail and interpersonal skills.
- Passion to thrive in a fast-paced ever-changing environment.
- Understand new features learn how they work and document them in crisp easy-to-follow language.
- Exhibit excellent written and verbal communication skills.
About the team
Buy with Prime helps people re-imagine the way they shop….wherever they do! Our vision is to help every entrepreneur in the world reach customers through every channel. Buy with Prime is a new way to extend Prime shopping benefits—including fast free shipping a seamless checkout experience and free returns—to merchants’ own online stores ultimately increasing selection for Prime members. For over 20 years Amazon been empowering small and medium-sized businesses with opportunities to grow. Buy with Prime is an exciting next step in our mission to help merchants of all sizes grow their business on Amazon or beyond.
- Experience with web services and related technologies.
- Experience working with product managers to ensure that content is technically accurate and written for the appropriate audience.
- Experience working with designers on concise helpful user interface text.
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $86300 – 151000 yr. Pay is based on market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge skills and experience. A sign-on payment and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package in addition to a full range of medical financial and/or other benefits dependent on the position offered. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Workers in New York City who perform in-person work or interact with the public in the course of business must show proof they have been fully vaccinated against COVID or request and receive approval for a reasonable accommodation including medical or religious accommodation.