Job Responsibilities : Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate
Salary : Up to $19 an hour
Company : Amazon HVH
Location : West Chicago, IL 60185 US
Amazon Delivery Station Warehouse Associate
- Receive and prepare inventory for delivery
- Use technology like smartphones and handheld devices to sort scan and prepare orders
- View prompts on screens and follow direction for some tasks
- Build wrap sort and transport pallets and packages
- Receive truck deliveries
- Lift up to 49 pounds
- Stand walk push pull squat bend and reach during shifts
- Use carts dollies hand trucks and other gear to move items around
- Go up and down stairs (where applicable)
- Work at a height of up to 40 feet on a mezzanine (where applicable)
- Safety. Your safety is important to us so we provide protective gear. All teams share safety tips daily.
- Surroundings. You’ll be working around moving machines – order pickers stand-up forklifts turret trucks and mobile carts.
- Activity. Some activities may require standing in one place for long periods walking around or climbing stairs.
- Temperature. Even with climate controls temperatures can vary between 60°F and 90°F in some parts of the warehouse; on hot days temperatures can be over 90°F in the truck yard or inside trailers.
- Noise level. It can get noisy at times. We provide hearing protection if you need it.
- Dress code. Relaxed with a few rules to follow for safety. Comfortable closed-toe shoes are required. Depending on the role or location Amazon provides a $110 Zappos gift code towards the purchase of shoes in order to have you prepared for your first day on the job.
- Stay busy. You and your team are engaged the entire shift.
- Schedule options. Depending on where you work schedules may include full-time (40 hours) reduced-time (30-36 hours) or part-time (20 hours or less) all with the option of working additional hours if needed.
- Shift flexibility. Work when it works for you. Shifts may include overnight early morning day evening and weekend. You can even have four-day workweeks three-day weekends – and with Anytime Shifts you can work as little as four hours per week.
- Anytime Pay. You can instantly cash out up to 70% of your earnings immediately after your shift (for select employee groups within select businesses). Learn more about Anytime Pay.
- Career advancement. We have made a pledge to upskill our employees and offer a variety of free training and development programs and we also have tuition support options for select employee groups. See where your Amazon journey can take you.
- New skills. Depending on the role and location you’ll learn how to use the latest Amazon technology – including handheld devices and robotics.
- Team environment. Work on small or large teams that support each other.
Many of our jobs come with great benefits – including healthcare parental leave ways to save for the future and opportunities for career advancement – all in a safe and inclusive environment that’s been ranked among the best workplaces in the world. Some offerings are dependent upon the role work schedule or location and can include the following:
- Competitive wage paid weekly with overtime for more than 40 hours
- Healthcare (medical dental vision prescription drugs)
- Medical Advice Line
- Network of Support (health & well-being on and off the job)
- Adoption Assistance
- Maternity and Parental Leave
- 401(k) savings plan
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Holiday pay opportunities
- Employee discounts
- Basic life insurance
- AD&D insurance
- Company-paid Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- On-the-job training and skills development
- Employee Assistance Program
- Candidates must be 18 years or older with the ability to understand and adhere to all job requirement and safety guidelines.
You can begin by applying above. If you need help with your application or to learn more about our hiring process you can find support here: https://hiring.amazon.com/hiring-process#/.
If you have a disability and need an accommodation during the application and hiring process including support for the New Hire Event or need to initiate a request prior to starting your Day 1 please visit https://hiring.amazon.com/people-with-disabilities#/ or contact the Applicant-Candidate Accommodation Team (ACAT). You can reach us by phone at
888-435-9287 Monday through Friday between 6 a.m. and 4 p.m. PT.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation protected veteran status disability age or other legally protected status.