Job Responsibilities : Customer Support Associate
Salary : $17 per hour
Company : Amazon
Location : Victoria, BC CA
Educational requirements : High School
- Education: High school diploma, GED or higher
- Language: English
- Demonstrated experience of at least 1-5 years in a front line external (customer or supplier) facing role requiring email, voice or message board type of interactions with customers/external parties.
- Technical (Computers & Internet) savvy is required. Business acumen in areas of e-commerce and retail.
- Desired skill-sets include proficiency in Microsoft Windows OS, MS Office Application Excel and web browsers
- Excellent verbal communication skills required. Must be able to interact with an external party like customers and Sellers comfortably.
- Excellent written communication skills. Should be able to understand a complex problem and draft a concise email response.
- Detail oriented and process focused. Must be able to follow the process and document interactions as per requirements in clear and concise manner
- Enthusiasm and strong self-motivation.
- Strong prioritization and time management skills.
- Embrace constant change with flexibility
- Demonstrate appropriate sense of urgency for contact response time in the face of variable workflow.
- Exemplary performance record, particularly with regard to quality & productivity
AbeBooks, an Amazon company, is a global online marketplace for books and collectibles, with hundreds of millions of new, used, rare and out-of-print books listed for sale by thousands of sellers. AbeBooks is consistently ranked as one of BC’s Top Employers, with great perks such as social events and personal development days.
About the role:
The Customer Support Associate acts as the primary interface between AbeBooks and 3rd party sellers, providing phone and/or email support. The Seller Support Associate will be responsible for providing timely and accurate operational support to AbeBooks sellers. The successful candidate has an immediate, distinct effect on the AbeBooks customer experience. A Customer Support Associate is expected to address chronic system issues, provide process improvements, develop internal documentation, and contribute to a team environment.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Provide prompt and efficient service to AbeBooks Sellers including the appropriate escalation of Sellers’ issues
- Maintain a positive and professional demeanor always portraying the company in a positive light and effectively managing sensitive issues.
- Demonstrate excellent time-management skills and the ability to work independently while using departmental resources, policies and procedures.
- Contribute to a positive team environment and proactively aid team members with difficult contacts as needed.
- Maintain acceptable performance metrics such as quality, productivity, first contact resolution, and attendance.
- Actively seek solutions through logical reasoning and data interpretation skills and identify trends to appropriate channel including improvement suggestions.
- Liaise with other departments as required to resolve Seller’s issues and questions.
AbeBooks provides great benefits. What really makes us stand out is the world-class team of people that you get to work with every day. We trust our employees because we only hire the best. We want people who are prepared to challenge the status quo and always raise the bar.
AbeBooks is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. AbeBooks is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
We appreciate your interest in AbeBooks!
- Fluency in Spanish, Italian, French or German
- Experience in a technical support process, especially for web enabled software products or services is highly preferred
- Some knowledge of SQL or database tools (Tableau, Redshift, Oracle, etc)
- Communication skills, oral and written ability to clearly and concisely communicate in various situations, with both internal and external customers
- Experience in training, coaching or mentoring
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation, please notify your Recruiter.