Job Responsibilities: HR Background Screening
Salary : $48000 – $85400 per Year
Educational requirements: High School, Bachelor’s Degree
Screening Services creates a safe and trustworthy workplace for all Amazonians by delivering pre and in-employment background checks. Amazon is the fastest-growing large employer in the world, and we need to deliver screening services at the fastest rate, with the highest quality, and the most flexibility – a unique business problem that no other company in the world is facing.
As an HR Specialist, you will be required to handle existing and future pipeline programs to deliver a quality and compliant service to Amazon’s many diverse businesses. You will interact with fast-moving customers, and your challenge will be to execute complex processes and programs with compliance, quality, and speed in mind. The work you manage requires a high level of judgment, and the ability to earn trust with your customers.
Your core responsibilities include:
- Adjudication: Independently adjudicate background checks and manage caseload within SLA, particularly in complex scenarios requiring high judgment, critical thinking, independent research, and policy interpretation.
- Comfortable with Complexity: Manage complex work across multiple systems and operate in a high-volume, highly matrixed environment.
- Skilled in Process Improvement: Assist with development and execution of vision and goals for the team. Participate in reviews of current processes and identify common pitfalls and areas of opportunity to maximize the value of resources.
- Decision-Making Skills: Exercise a high degree of judgment in ambiguous situations where a clear answer may not exist. Properly balance quality over speed and understand the risk of tradeoffs.
- Cross-Functional Expertise: Serve as an SME for multiple programs or locations, and take accountability for documenting and sharing expertise across the Screening Services organization. Work with cross-functional partners to develop interpretations and solutions for complex issues.
- Project Management: Participate in cross-functional process improvement or program launch initiatives. Lead small-scale projects independently, provide support for larger projects, and continuously update stakeholders of milestones, roadblocks, and overall progression.
- Outcome Oriented: Respond quickly and accurately to escalations, conduct root cause analysis and recommendations with guidance from the manager.
- Identify gaps and areas for improvement within processes, and work with relevant stakeholders to implement scalable solutions.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Executing a complex operation requires attention to detail and high judgment.
- Demonstrating a bias for action and an ability to deal with great ambiguity.
- Agility and ability to react quickly to changing requirements and demands.
- Successful project delivery, particularly in deploying new processes and process improvements.
- Working cross-functionally with customers, legal, service teams, technology, and vendors.
- Utilizing written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with a range of stakeholders and contribute to meetings and projects based on subject matter expertise.
- Experience in relevant field, including HR, Compliance, Legal, or Investigations.
- Providing narratives based on data analyses with manager input.
- Understand core business objectives, work backward from customers to improve processes, uncover defects and root causes, collaborate with partner teams to ensure operational efficiency, compliance, and improve the customer experience in a measurable way.