Job Responsibilities : Customer Service Representative Work at Home
Salary : n
Company : Alorica
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
At Alorica we only do one thing – make lives better one interaction at a time. We’re a global leader in customer service and collections serving the world’s biggest brands with tens of thousands of employees in hundreds of locations around the globe.
Your mission (should you choose to accept it) is to provide collections/receivables management phone support for one or more clients at our contact center facility . In this role you will be assisting customers with making outstanding payments for clients. You’ll be acting as a consult ant to the customer empathiz ing with their situation encouraging and educating them and offer ing assistance and payment options.
A strong relationship between our clients and their customers starts with you – so only the awesome need apply!
KEY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Handles various incoming and outgoing collections-focused phone calls
- Resolves customer questions complaints and collections inquiries in a professional helpful manner
- Connects with existing and potential customers and aims to resolve inquiries related to receivables management
- Utilizes computer system to verify and document customer requests
- Talks to customers over the phone to resolve their questions or concerns
- Maintains and updates customer information as necessary
- Calmly attempts to resolve and de-escalate any issues
- Escalates calls to supervisor when necessary and appropriate
WHY JOIN ALORICA?
Every day we aim to live up to our mission of creating insanely great customer experiences. But as Alorica employees giving back matters just as much – that’s why we’re so proud of
Making Lives Better with Alorica a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to providing assistance to employees their families and the people organizations and communities who support them.
Simply put we want to make lives better…one interaction at a time. And to do that we need the very best people to join us.
But please allow us to entice you further! As an Alorica employee you may receive:
- Paid training
- Flexible training schedules
- Medical and dental benefits
- Paid time off
- Paid holiday
- Retirement planning options (401(k))
- Employee discounts through client programs
Working at Alorica means potentially having the freedom to explore all kinds of career options – from customer service collections training and tech support to management recruiting and more. Alorica offers fun challenging opportunities to pursue your professional goals and we want you to have fun and succeed – because when you’re at your best that’s when we’re at our best.
So what do you say? Ready to take the next step?
Minimum Education and Experience:
- High School Diploma or GED required; college degree preferred
- 1-2 years’ previous experience in a receivables management collections and contact center environment preferred
- Customer service experience a plus
- Phone-related customer service a major plus
- Familiarity with Microsoft Windows Word and Excel applications
- Bilingual language skills a plus
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Stellar customer service skills – and an overwhelming desire to make lives better one interaction at a time
- Knowledge of phone dialer functions and call campaigns
- Understanding of collections regulations including but not limited to Fair Debt Collections Practices Act (FDCPA) Unfair Deceptive or Abusive Acts or Practices (UDAAP)
- Negotiation skills and assertiveness
- Ability to use phone and computer systems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong listening/comprehension skills
- Ability to stay composed and objective
- Flexibility and versatility in problem analysis and resolution
- A climate controlled contact center environment – filled with amazing people incredible career opportunities and the occasional dance-off
- Constant usage of phone and computer systems
Constant sedentary work. You’ll typically be sitting for most of the time so be sure get up and stretch once in a while. Your circulatory system will thank you.
DISCLAIMER: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
TAKE THE NEXT STEP
Let’s make lives better. Let’s defy the status quo. And let’s go beyond thinking outside the box – and decide to obliterate the box instead.
You ready? Let’s do this.
Equal Opportunity Employer – Veterans/Disabled