Job Responsibilities : Microsoft Database Administrator – Remote
Salary : $80,500 – $134,800 a year
Company : Allstate
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : Graduate
The world isn’t standing still and neither is Allstate. We’re moving quickly looking across our businesses and brands and taking bold steps to better serve customers’ evolving needs. That’s why now is an exciting time to join our team. You’ll have opportunities to take risks challenge the status quo and shape the future for the greater good.
You’ll do all this in an environment of excellence and the highest ethical standards – a place where values such as integrity inclusive diversity and accountability are paramount. We empower every employee to lead drive change and give back where they work and live. Our people are our greatest strength and we work as one team in service of our customers and communities.
Everything we do at Allstate is driven by a shared purpose: to protect people from life’s uncertainties so they can realize their hopes and dreams. For more than 89 years we’ve thrived by staying a step ahead of whatever’s coming next – to give customers peace of mind no matter what changes they face. We acted with conviction to advocate for seat belts air bags and graduated driving laws. We help give survivors of domestic violence a voice through financial empowerment. We’ve been an industry leader in pricing sophistication telematics digital photo claims and more recently device and identity protection. We are the Good Hands. We don’t follow the trends. We set them.
The Lead Consultant performs activities aimed at improving database performance and efficiency. The individual provides trending data on and makes recommendations for performance issues for application and database environments ensuring stability and providing evaluation of new or changed products.
- Reviews and approves data modeling processes and DBMS specific requirements for basic and intermediate application database requirements
- Leads logical data modeling processes for complex applications database requirements and converts logical data models into physical data models for complex application databased
- Directs root cause analysis on complex incidents and leads the problem management discussions related to incidents
- Installs/configures complex databases for applications; CRS/ASM or VERITAS
- Develops reports of overall health of the portfolio of databases escalating substantive capacity utilization variations from forecast to management
- Acts as client advocate ensuring smooth implementation into application architecture and database standards
- Analyzes trending data and provide performance recommendations addressing specific application/system performance issues
- Authors complex scripts and tutors other DBA’s in scripting skill and usage and designs codes and implements local facilities to support the DBMS environment
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 5 or more years of Microsoft SQL experience
- Can perform basic capacity planning analyses of volume metrics and trends for currently existing databases based on resource utilization and projected business plans
- Demonstrates mastery of data modeling in practical applications of a difficult nature
- Expert knowledge in the performance monitoring and tuning of multiple DBMSs and in the use of multiple DB monitoring tools
- An organizational expert in physical database design
- Has the ability to install software using vendor-supplied and company-developed procedures
Compensation offered for this role is $80500.00-$134800.00 per year and is based on experience and qualifications.
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands®.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader we provide a competitive salary – but that’s just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance medical and dental insurance as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus you’ll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life – including a generous paid time off policy. For a full description of Allstate’s benefits visit allstate.jobs/benefits/
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter Facebook Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1 2014 under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242 it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco please click “here” for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles please click “here” for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
To view the “EEO is the Law” poster click “here”. This poster provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs
To view the FMLA poster click “here”. This poster summarizing the major provisions of the Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) and telling employees how to file a complaint.
It is the Company’s policy to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs. Therefore any discriminatory action taken on account of an employee’s ancestry age color disability genetic information gender gender identity gender expression sexual and reproductive health decision marital status medical condition military or veteran status national origin race (include traits historically associated with race including but not limited to hair texture and protective hairstyles) religion (including religious dress) sex or sexual orientation that adversely affects an employee’s terms or conditions of employment is prohibited. This policy applies to all aspects of the employment relationship including but not limited to hiring training salary administration promotion job assignment benefits discipline and separation of employment.