Job Responsibilities : Reservations Agent
Salary : $15.75 an hour
Company : Alaska Airlines
Location : Remote US
Educational requirements : High School
- Perform a variety of guest service functions via multiple channels including:
- Answer incoming inquiries and match the features and benefits of Alaska Airlines to the needs of the guest.
- Answer guests’ inquiries regarding all aspects of their travel on Alaska Airlines or on our travel partners.
- Make new reservations and change existing reservations on scheduled domestic and international flights.
- Assist guests with technical website and mobile navigation needs.
- Handle guests’ questions complaints and inquiries with the highest degree of courtesy and professionalism to resolve issues with first interaction resolution.
- Operate within a variety of complex computerized systems to assist guests and daily operations.
- Proactively create a positive service-oriented environment for guests.
Experience Education & Skills
- 2 years of customer service or community service experience.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills including a professional and pleasant phone demeanor clear pleasant and courteous verbal and written communication using appropriate grammar tone and pronunciation.
- Excellent communication skills (e.g. verbal written and listening).
- Demonstrated proficiency and agility with adopting utilizing and navigating new and rapidly changing technologies and applications on handheld and other multi-media devices.
- Proven ability to continually learn and understand changing job-related policies and procedures company products services and promotions in an efficient manner.
- Ability to work in a process-oriented environment.
- Proficiency with general computer programs keyboard skills and Microsoft Office applications (e.g. Word Excel PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Typing speed of at least 25 WPM at an efficiency of 85% or better.
- Ability and willingness to work a flexible schedule including weekends holidays and overtime in a 24/7/365 operation.
- Ability and willingness to work from home within the state designated in the posting. Some in-office time is required.
- Ability to communicate in English.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A designated work area which only you use during your scheduled shift. It must contain a permanent and stable ergonomically sound work surface for the equipment provided and be free of distractions and background noise.
- Have and maintain properly located smoke detectors satisfactory lighting and a grounded electrical outlet
- Must have reliable transportation to attend in-office training and meetings
- Internet Service
- The user is responsible to maintain a stable internet environment from their workplace that meets the minimum speed requirements
- The computer (itself) must be hard-wired to the internet modem. Wi-Fi/Wireless cannot be used while on shift.
- The minimum speed requirements are 10 Mbps download and 5 Mbps upload (You can test your speeds at www.speakeasy.net/speedtest/ . Click on closest location to you.)
- If using VOIP a higher minimum speed may be required
- Internet providers that use a wireless or satellite signal are not acceptable internet providers for our Home Agent Program