Job Responsibilities : Intermediate Finance Agent – Refunds
Salary : Up to $25.51 an hour
Company : Air Canada
Location : Remote CA
Are you passionate about reaching new heights teamwork and making a meaningful contribution? Do you picture yourself as a valued member of an industry-leading organization? If you answered yes to these questions Air Canada is seeking enthusiastic individuals to join the diverse and vibrant team working together to lead the growth and expansion of Canada’s flag carrier.
Winnipeg Finance is looking for new team members to join our exciting and growing Branch. Are you interested in expanding your skills within a Branch that provides financial support for continued education and encourages growth into other areas and positions within the Branch?
The Winnipeg office of Air Canada is the global accounting center for Air Canada which also manages the related passenger revenue accounting and sales systems general accounting and consolidated financial reporting requirements of Air Canada. The office is comprised of about 150 accounting and information system professionals. We work in a fast-paced environment with many exciting digital and e-commerce initiatives underway. We offer flexible start times and a mix of in person and remote work.
The current starting salary is $21.57/hour as per the IAMAW Finance Collective Agreement. Regularly scheduled pay advancements up to $25.51/hour or higher in the event of promotion or growth into other positions.
Work schedule : Full-time Monday to Friday with flexible start time between 07:00am and 10:00am with specific start times designated during training and other operationally required time periods. Once probation has been successfully completed option to work a hybrid work schedule mixing in person and remote work subject to ongoing review.
Benefits & Privileges
As one of the leading employers in Canada we like to ensure our employees are well rewarded with a range of benefits including:
- Air Canada staff love to travel and we have one of the most generous employee travel programs in the industry. You and your immediate family members will enjoy special rates on airfares from day one.
- We value your wellbeing which is why we offer a wide variety of benefit plans including health and dental for you and your family.
Responsible for providing excellent service to our customers that are requesting a refund or other forms of credit; you will accurately apply Air Canada policies and tariffs to determine the customer’s eligibility for a refund or credit.
- Perform refund and credit functions in accordance with clearly defined procedures.
- Provide professional proficient service to external customers such as Travel Agencies other airlines and Insurance companies.
- Liaise with various internal departments such as Customer Relations Reservation and Baggage Services.
- Perform tasks based on provided training reference documentation and standard processes.
- Determine refunds using manuals tariffs or other sources for pricing/investigation/determination.
- Correspond with customers via email and on the telephone.
- Travel and Tourism Diploma
- Minimum one (1) year office experience
- Airline or travel industry experience an asset
- Ticketing knowledge: Fares Fare rules taxation
- Tariff training
- Codes: Airline and City
- GDS experience or Reservation system experience
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to represent the airline with professionalism
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal
- Representing the best of the Air Canada Brand
- Ability to not just multitask but to also anticipate process before directed to do so
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Ability to prioritize duties and use good judgement
- Bilingual an asset
- Accounting an asset
Conditions of Employment
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
- Mandatory Covid-19 Vaccination Required
Based on equal qualifications preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.