Job Responsibilities : Operations Engineering Manager – Cargo
Salary : $76000 Per Year
Company : Air Canada
Location : Dorval, QC CA
Being part of Air Canada is to become part of an iconic Canadian symbol recently ranked the best Airline in North America. Let your career take flight by joining our diverse and vibrant team at the leading edge of passenger aviation.
Reporting to the Manager Operations Engineering this position is a key contributor to the implementation and sustainability of business processes at the Cargo Operations. This role focuses on effectively operationalizing processes within a complex supply chain organization including sustaining a strong quality management system and supporting teams tasked to reduce waste drive standardization and foster employee engagement.
- Create and improve process flow charts and value stream maps
- Develop floor layouts reports and instructions
- Prepare improvement events workshops and training
- Track and follow up on ongoing improvement activities
- Provide support to the regulatory business process design and procedure functions
- Prepare presentations & reporting material for process demonstrations
- Develop standards and structure for workshops trainings and projects
- Action improvement wins resulting from employee ideas
- Conduct workflow analysis and make recommendations for improvement projects with quantifiable operational impact and financial benefits
- Prepare summaries and reports on work activities & metrics
- Engage with front-line employees and local leadership in the use and value of continuous process improvement
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial or Mechanical preferred)
- Experience in Continuous Improvement Lean Manufacturing Process Management workshop facilitation
- Results and action-oriented tempered by an ability to manage the pace of change with empathy
- Detail-oriented precise well-structured and organized
- Strong problem-solving skills and an aptitude for dealing with ambiguity
- Capable of working effectively and enthusiastically as a team player
- Strong verbal written communication and presentation skills
- Objective open-minded and an out-of-the-box thinker
- Ground handling warehousing and system integration an asset
- Lean Six Sigma belt is an asset
- Quality Management principles or ISO certification training is an asset
- Knowledge of Canadian Aviation Regulations and Commercial Air Services Standards an asset
- Strong capabilities in MS Word Excel Visio PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office Applications
- Experience with CAD drawing software like AutoCAD
Conditions of Employment:
- Candidates must be eligible to work in the country of interest at the time any offer of employment is made and seeking any required work permits/visas or other authorizations which may be required is the sole responsibility of the candidates applying for this position.
Based on equal qualifications preference will be given to bilingual candidates.
Diversity and Inclusion
Air Canada is strongly committed to Diversity and Inclusion and aims to create a healthy accessible and rewarding work environment which highlights employees’ unique contributions to our company’s success.
As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all to help us build a diverse workforce which reflects the diversity of our customers and communities in which we live and serve.
Air Canada thanks all candidates for their interest; however only those selected to continue in the process will be contacted.