Job Responsibilities : 5G Network Platform Solutions Architect (Remote)
Salary : $140500 per year
Company : Intel
Location : Remote US
Intel is shaping the future of technology to help create a better future for the entire world. Our work in pushing forward fields like AI analytics and cloud-to-edge technology is at the heart of countless innovations. With a career at Intel you’ll have the opportunity to use technology to power major breakthroughs—such as self-driving cards and rebuilding coral reefs—and create enhancements that improve our everyday quality of life.
Join us and help make the future more wonderful for everyone.
The Cities and Transportation Road Infrastructure team within the NEX IOTG Autonomous Transportation and Infrastructure (ATI) Group is passionate about growing Intel’s leadership position in the rapidly evolving Intelligent Transportation Systems (ITS) markets by delivering the best silicon software and solutions that meet a wide range of customer requirements in this critical business area leveraging our networking solutions. Here is the opportunity to align your passions skills and career plans to join this team.
IoT Edge and Networking markets are in rapid flux and growth – an unusually exciting combination coupled with the transportation infrastructure funding across the global markets. The rapidly maturing technologies need proactive technical leadership to innovate and build cohesion trust and know-how across Intel NEX’s portfolio of offerings. It’s imperative that Intel lay the critical technical foundations and architectures targeting and encouraging customers to make key inflections on Intel platforms. The 5G Networking Platform Solutions Architect (PSA) will define and own the end-to-end IoT product/solution architecture and will be technical voice of the solution engagements built on 5G/connectivity technologies with different customers and stakeholders solutions in the ITS Road Infrastructure segment for traffic management smart parking electronic tolling 5G small cell MEC V2X EV Charging etc.. use cases leveraging cutting-edge technology like artificial intelligence workload convergence at the edge interacting with network connectivity (5G) and cloud services.
This position allows the candidate to take on the aspirational role of Chief Technology Officer (CTO) in Road Infrastructure segment and make an impact by providing technical leadership in the product strategy and roadmap yielding better business results. Bring your technical experience your creativity and your passion for Smart Cities and Intelligent Transportation and be part of this growing and compelling business. We will help you grow your career path in the Road Infra vertical and support the technical leadership path to PE (principal engineer) with business impact.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Develop relationships with customers engineering and product teams and key account executives to gain deep insight of customer pain points and be trusted advisor to drive solution improvements while solving business problems.
- Create an end-to-end system solutions/platform that incorporates Intel ingredients in the edge compute memory network security storage manageability 5G and orchestration software areas.
- Supporting customer design wins creating Proof-of-Concepts defining new form factors and modular products to scale in the market.
- Participate in competitive analysis market analysis and various strategic task forces – defining solutions that fit into edge-to-cloud architectures.
- Lead the product development efforts to take the best technical decisions making tradeoffs between use cases and price/performance/power while keep customer schedule and feature expectations.
- Work with the product manager software engineer AI architect and tech teams for end-to-end integration and deployment of solutions in different platforms at the edge and in the cloud.
- Collaborate and influence silicon and software product planning product management teams within Intel (HSPE PMCE NPG etc..) and leading engineering teams evangelizing solutions and products collaborating across divisions to align on architecture and segment vertical strategy.
- Orchestrate an annual process to create a multi-year strategic technology and investment plan for Road Infra segment including influencing Intel Labs Standards and Policy working groups to advance Intel position and win industry mindshare.
- Creating solution architecture and reference design blueprints maximizing Intel share of wallet. Driving solution development engagement with internal and external vendors (from RFP to SOW). Providing competitive analysis and performance benchmark as required to support the above documents.
- Own the architecture documentation for the road infrastructure segment and use cases including Solution Architecture PRD (Product Requirement Document) defining the use conditions and key system/solution requirements.
- For High-Touch/High-Value initiatives design develop and analyze demos and Proofs of Concepts with customers and cross-BU collaborators. For Low-Touch initiatives be the Technical Advocate and liaise with OEM/ODM/SI/ISVs and customers to ensure customer and developer needs are met.
- Providing customer support for different Road Infra products and doing demos when required creating fast prototypes and POC’s to validate the market needs. Developing and conducting technical training to Intel sales team as part of transfer of new technologies for scale.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills in addition to the qualifications listed below:
- Candidate with high social collaboration skills highly self-motivated and disciplined great team player open mind and willing to work in a multi culture environment.
- Energizing results oriented and multi-task skills.
- Willing to work in a highly ambiguous environment and to achieve high quality results.
- Willing to work in a collaborative multidisciplinary matrix structured and customer focused environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
This position is not eligible for Intel immigration sponsorship.
You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Experience listed below would be obtained through a combination of your schoolwork classes research and or relevant previous job and or internship experiences. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Bachelors of science in Computer Engineering Computer Science Electrical Engineering or related with 9+ years of experience.
- Experience in Intelligent Transportation and/or Telecommunication sectors.
- Experience with strategic selling methodologies and be experienced at engaging at all levels of a customer organization including executive C- level.
- Experience in hardware/software development broad technical experience of interplay across different computing architectures technology networking and cloud infrastructure to develop end to end solutions.
- Deep understanding of technical solution landscape; willing to architect and envision a practical and flexible architectural approach for new products .
- Understanding of 5G hardware and software ecosystem and technology ingredients – Processors (Intel Atom® Intel® Core™ Intel® Xeon®) AI accelerators Software (FlexRAN VRAN Intel® Smart Edge Open etc.) and how these can be applied to develop 5G Edge/MEC Platform Solutions.
- Master’s degree in in Computer Engineering Computer Science Electrical Engineering or related with 6+ years of experience in Intelligent Transportation and/or Telecommunication sectors.
- Market and technical insight. Transportation and/or Telcom Industry experience and savvy in recognizing external market shifts and technological trends translating them into competitive opportunities/threats and mobilizing the technical community to act.
- Knowledge of communications platforms software/hardware architecture and networking protocols along with network and enterprise/IoT edge requirements as well as SDN and NFV technologies.
- Good understanding of Intel Platform/Edge Technologies such as OpenVINO™ Intel® Smart Edge Data Plane Development Kit (DPDK) Quick Assist Technology (QAT) and cloud native infrastructure and orchestration software such as Kubernetes OpenStack Python Ansible/Helm scripting etc.
Inside this Business Group
The Network & Edge Group brings together our network connectivity and edge into a business unit chartered to drive technology end to end product leadership. It’s leadership Ethernet Switch IPU Photonics Network and Edge portfolio is comprised of leadership products critically important to our customers.
US Arizona Phoenix;US California Santa Clara;US Oregon Hillsboro;US Texas Austin;Virtual US and Canada
Intel strongly encourages employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Intel aligns to federal state and local laws and as a contractor to the U.S. Government is subject to government mandates that may be issued. Intel policies for COVID-19 including guidance about testing and vaccination are subject to change over time.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race color religion religious creed sex national origin ancestry age physical or mental disability medical condition genetic information military and veteran status marital status pregnancy gender gender expression gender identity sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by local law regulation or ordinance.
Annual Salary Range for jobs which could be performed in US Colorado:
We offer a total compensation package that ranks among the best in the industry. It consists of competitive pay stock bonuses and benefit programs. Find more information about our Amazing Benefits here
Work Model for this Role
This role is available as fully home-based and generally would require you to attend Intel sites only occasionally based on business need.
Intel is committed to a culture of accessibility. Intel provides accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Find information and request accommodation here