Job Responsibilities : Senior Engagement Manager, Professional Services
Salary : $146
Company : Amazon Web Services Canada, In
Location : Remote CA
Educational requirements : Bachelor Degree
- 8+ years of technical project/delivery/engagement management in an industry or consulting capacity
- Experience using Agile methodologies
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and collaborate cross functionally with both internal and externally stakeholders (which may include partners) at all levels of the organization
- Past experience creating and managing project plans and ownership over the preparation and dissemination of project communications
- Canadian Federal Reliability Clearance or above (existing or able to obtain)
As an Engagement Manager you are responsible for leading our customers and consulting teams through cloud projects. You will leverage AWS’s delivery methodology to manage project teams with both technical and business stakeholders. Bringing your management and leadership capabilities you will successfully deliver digital transformations to customers by proactively identifying and managing risks resolving issues and escalating when needed. We’re looking for someone that is motivated to solve complex customer challenges and fueled by continuous learning in their role.
This role is focused on Canadian Federal Government and will require Federal Government Security Clearance or the ability to obtain it.
Responsibilities and Abilities include:
- Experience leveraging formal project management and development methodologies on enterprise level engagements.
- Possesses a deep knowledge of project management best practices and how to apply them in an effective yet pragmatic way across large complex projects.
- Understanding of technology principles and services including infrastructure business applications data management security application platforms and consumer facing technology.
- Lead individuals teams or multiple groups and play an active role in analyzing project goals creating a plan to achieve those goals and then driving the AWS team members customer stakeholders/SMEs to achieve those goals while understanding the client environment and any limitations to execution.
- Actively looks for ways to improve process efficiencies and effectiveness.
- Ability to apply strategic thinking and demonstrate understanding of requirements to execute.
- Ability to make decisions guided by policies procedures and business plan with limited guidance.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Business case development.
- Plan organize and manage all phases of a project lifecycle to ensure successful delivery. This includes developing and managing project governance plans project schedules team goals defining success criteria project milestones and budgets.
- Plays an active role in managing project goals and driving teams to achieve customers’ business outcomes by managing issues risks decisions and action items.
- Ability to take ownership work under pressure and meet deadlines on time.
- Ability to challenge recommend and redirect teams as well as manage client expectations during the engagement.
- Takes proactive steps to ensure teams meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Works effectively in a dynamic environment with changing priorities.
- Results-oriented prioritizes work activities plans and stays organized in order to meet commitments.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills with team members and audiences of all levels.
- Interfaces with various customer and internal AWS stakeholders which consists of senior leadership teams (C-level execs SVP/VP Directors) and project level resources such as SMEs.
- Plans and oversees the preparation and dissemination of project communications.
- Demonstrates the ability to understand the operating styles of others as well as team/client relationships team dynamics and adjusts behavior accordingly to succeed. Recognizes environmental or cultural nuances and adapts.
- Excellent presentation communication (oral & written) and relationship building skills across all levels of management.
- Proven success in working with teams and executive leadership in a complex global company environment.
- Team player who effectively integrates motivates and builds relationships with cross-functional team members (local or remote) sponsors key stakeholders executives and other individuals or organizations involved with or affected by the project.
- Proven experience working in a matrix environment managing multiple stakeholders.
- Negotiation and conflict resolution capabilities.
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to influence negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports.
A day in the life
Inclusive Team Culture Here at AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives learn and be curious and earn trust. Work/Life Balance Our team puts a high value on work-live balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives. Mentorship & Career Growth Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough but kind code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
About the team
Here at AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups reaching 40000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings and host annual and ongoing learning experiences including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives learn and be curious and earn trust.
- Proven success working with teams and executive leadership in a complex public sector environment
- Demonstrated ability to apply strategic thinking throughout the execution of a project from gathering requirements through to closure
- Experienced managing cloud migrations or enterprise system implementation projects
- You have successfully managed complex projects/programs through ambiguity; concurrently where applicable.
- Foundational understanding of technology principles across: infrastructure or cloud business applications data management security integration application platforms consumer facing technology and technical/solution architecture
- Excellent people management skills including the ability to influence negotiate and achieve results through others who are not direct reports
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science/Technical discipline equivalent educational / actual experience
Amazon s’engage à créer un milieu de travail diversifié et inclusif. Amazon est un employeur qui offre à tous les mêmes opportunités et ne fait pas de discrimination fondée sur la race l’origine nationale le sexe l’identité sexuelle l’orientation sexuelle le statut d’ancien combattant protégé le handicap l’âge ou autres statuts protégés par la loi. Les personnes handicapées qui souhaitent présenter une demande d’accommodement sont invitées à aviser leur recruteur.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race national origin gender gender identity sexual orientation disability age or other legally protected status. If you would like to request an accommodation please notify your Recruiter.